• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Time for a new case. Can you suggest one that fits my needs?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Duke Blackfist

I need a new case. The one I have is rubbish.

My girlfriend told me today she's getting me a dremel for christmas, but then her grandad told her he had a nearly new one lying around he doesn't want so we can have that instead, so she might spend the money on a case for me to go to town on with my new dremel. Thing is, I'm not really sure what case I want, so I figured I'd ask you guys and see if anyone can think of some cases that fit my needs, which are:

Big: I guess full ATX tower. Ideally I want to put 2 psu's in it

Good airflow: of course

Door to hide drives: I have a secret idea for a cool mod that needs a door

removable motherboard tray: not really too important, but it'd be nice

half decent psu included: again, not too important

price: under £80 ish

what'd be really good is if anyone can suggest a case and maybe even tell me where I can get it in England.
thanks in advance guys

Matt

Chieftec Dragon Case seems like a good idea for you. No removable MB tray but has plenty of room and good airflow. about $70 for a full tower.

Hrm sounds like the AOpen h700b meets alot of your criteria. Its a full tower case with tons of room and a drive bay door.

yeah, i think the Aopen, considering that u want room for 2 psu's, that would be possible in that case, the dragon does not have enough hieght to acommodate a 2nd psu. howerver the chieftec matrix would fit 2 psu's, one right on top of the other, same deal with the Aopen, but the Aopen has a very nice slide out mobo tray, and i dig it's sleek appearance.

J.

cool, thanks guys, looks like I might be getting the a-open. It's not THAT cheap here in England, cheapest i've seen is about £80-£90, but that's pretty much what I was expecting.

Can anyone tell me what that rack above the psu is for? Is it complicated to mount another psu on top of the existing one in this case?

thanks again

yeah, above the psu is another 3.5 inch drive cage. it is easily removable, 1 screw and a nifty little slide mechanism. boom it's out. and if you want to cut out the back panel right there, i can't see any problem with adding a second psu. That 350w psu in the Aopen is a rebranded fortron, should do quite nicely for most moderate to heavy o/c'd rigs.

J.

juliendogg said:
yeah, above the psu is another 3.5 inch drive cage. it is easily removable, 1 screw and a nifty little slide mechanism. boom it's out. and if you want to cut out the back panel right there, i can't see any problem with adding a second psu. That 350w psu in the Aopen is a rebranded fortron, should do quite nicely for most moderate to heavy o/c'd rigs.

J.
Are you serious? It's like a fortron PSU? Am i assured it is or is like a chance out of whatever?
Cuz if it is im getting that case for sure!
But then ill have to get a fan controller...
bah if it's a fortron, im sure it's worth it!
Ritalin

model number on the Aopen psu is fsp350-60bt. Fortron source power. :D. All Aopen PSU's are rebranded fortrons.

Duke,

Cool!, let us know how u like it. i think you will be very impressed!

J.

Back