• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

you opinions on 19" flat screens

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

/\\/3|2o

I am looking for one for christmas. Not an LCD, just CRT.

I have narrowed it down between the viewsonic and the samsung. The samsung has a better dot pitch but the viewsonic get a little better reviews.

If you have a 19" flat screen then please post your comments here.

I have a 19" Samsung SyncMaster 955DF. Not exactly a cheapo monitor when I got it for $350 but I'd recommend getting better and would not consider buying another. I can't advise picking one brand over the other. It'd be best to focus on comparing specific models. I also like to consider opinions and reviews at on-line places like epinons.com or anandtech. What specific models were you considering?

I have the ViewSonic P90f and it is a really good monitor. You can't go wrong with either one of them.

I have the syncmaster 955df as well and also paid around $350 when I bought it (2-2.5 years ago?). It has been good, and has pretty good picture quality, no complaints really.

Only recently the tube flashes the screen bright white, it happens about once a month or so. I have to get it replaced (still under warranty).

It's good, but if I were buying today (actually, i did buy an LCD), I suspect that there would be better monitors available by now though.

I have the 753DF isn't that just the 17in version of the 955Df? Well anyway I got my monitor for $120 (with s&h i believe is was like $140). I can't seeing myself pay $200 more dollars for 2 more inches. What specific models of samsung and viewsonic were you comparing?

19" CRT's...The two best IMHO are the Sony CDP G430S...Dual inputs are a really nice feature, probably the best electronics in the business, aperature grill, not shadow mask, specs as good as any in the business, resolution and refresh rates second to none...I am jaded...I own the CDP G420S and it is the bomb...The Mitsubishi Diamond Pro is a another awesome CRT...0.24 dot pitch across the entire screen...Not variable like the Sony...Best picture in the business IMHO...The warmth and color of this monitor is hard to beat...Great specs, electronics...No dual inputs, not as high resolution and refresh rates...But picture is just second to none...;)

Link to the Mitsubishi

http://www.necmitsubishi.com/produc...ries/productsbyseries_diamondpro®monitors.htm

Woops seem's the Sony is discontinued...Gotta be some out there somewhere...And maybe even at bargin pricing

17" Benq LCD with 16ms response times can be had reasonably cheap now days...747 or something like that....:D

Do yourself a favor and go read the article at tomshardware about 19" CRT's, it is an old article but gives some insight as to the different types and the technologies behind them...Good read...You will walk away with a better understanding and that will help you make a more enlighted choice...;)

Last edited:
Back