• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gaming and DVDs on a BIG Screen: Infocus LP750 Projector

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1Time

I just bought one of these projectors off of eBay for $580 shipped that's supposedly in near new condition. It hooks up easily to a PC and will project whatever's on a PC monitor at 1024 x 768 resolution. I hope to project a 4 1/2' x 6' picture for gaming and DVD viewing.

Before buying this one I was shopping for a new projector that costs about $2000, but then I took a reality check, cheaped out and bought this one instead! The thing is I have no idea how well 1024 x 768 will display on a BIG screen. Does anyone have any idea on this?

I have some experience with proxima lightbooks and I know if you tried to run a game or something on them when the video went to switch out to openGL the projector would just go blank... I hope you've researched this projector first!

It was kind of tough finding a lot of info on it since it's an older model. What few opinions I did find were a bit mixed for and against. But what sold me was 1) confirming that it has a native resolution of 1024 x 768 (I assumed this is good), and the accuracy of the seller's eBay listing and 2) the seller's reputation and good communication with me before buying. I simply believed he was selling a like-new working projector with over 1700 viewing hours left on the bulb.

I figure if it lasts me a couple of years it's all good since by then the quality of projector I really want will have dropped a $1000 and there'll be more high definition sources/material available. Hard to believe just a couple of weeks ago I was seriously considering a 42" LCD screen at Best Buy for over twice what I paid for this projector. Now all I need is to frame a screen to show it on... and ah... yes, the projector.:)

Last edited:
Should have it on or before Friday according to UPS so I'll post back then. I took the day off from work on Friday just to so I could start playing with sooner. :)

Good luck buddy. I got a Hitachi projector and because I set it up to a Yamaha reciever, the resolution of my laptop or anything else is not an issue.

Enjoy and let us know.

Okay, I finally made time to get this projector running. I'm still working on a screen for it so for now I have it playing on a small spare piece of drywall. It's not quite the quality of picture I was hoping for but I got what I paid for at $580. Although, the size of the picture it puts out is amazing. At a viewing distance of 6' the picture is bigger than my 32" TV, and when I aimed it at the wall the diagonal was about 6'. The screen I'm making will be about 4' x 8'. This will allow for gaming at a screen size of about 5' x 4' and movies should come close to filling up the whole screen. I'll wait until my new screen is up before passing final judgment on this projector. However, I can tell right now I won't be shopping for big screens at Best Buy anytime soon. I'll either stay with this projector or move up to a better one. Until then...

Last edited:
Back