• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are all specs the same

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rashio_UK

hi,
i am looking to get a new lcd 17" and i have been told off people that the benq fp767 is very good for the money, well i have seen other makes that are the same spec(roughly) as the benq but look nicer, what i want to know is if 1 company says there monitor has a 16m refresh rate and the rest, will it be the same quality as the next make of monitor with the same spec?
so if i got a lcd with the same spec as the benq will it be the same quality?
because i have found another lcd which has DVI with it and it is roughly the same spec and price.

thanks ;)

Not necessarily. Sometimes with a specification like response time, manufacturers will only list the rising time as the response rate rather than both rising and falling. Now, the Hitachi CML174 17" LCDs have a combined 16ms (12 and 4ms, I believe) response time however I dont' know about the make/model you're referencing. A great informational site as well as store is http://www.monitorsdirect.com

~THT

Back