• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project FlameCube

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
StreetPharmacy said:
Just a thought, and I'm not for this, but it seems like that keyboard you made could be the next type of keyboard that hardware makers put out? It might be a good idea to get a patent, just in case. Imagine having Logitech on its knees...
I'm hoping to talk to my dads friend who's a copyright/patent lawyer. But I have simple ways of protecting myself with a simple private copyright for the time being.

RCtruckguy said:
that keyboard 0wns! i want to do my own, any chance on that thread in a week or 2 Mighty Captin Slug?
A very generous benefactor bought me a keyboard to work with for the next revision. So I should have something to report on in the next week.

It's all finished. I've spent the past 4 hours polishing the cut edges of all my plastic pieces and I'm happy to be done.
And here are the best pics I've been able take of it (click for larger).
7_complete1a.jpg
7_complete2a.jpg

I do however have one last project to add to this thread. In order to make this the ultimate totable machine, I want to set about making an all-in-one durable carrying case for this machine and all of it's accessories. Once I make up my mind as to the specific case I'll be using, I'll post it here.
It will most likely be an aluminum LP or instrument case.

Captain Slug said:

Yep. All parts tallied the material cost is around $1200. But that would be if I didn't trade, feneggle, or negotiate on the prices.
:D
My cost was closer to $750 for various reasons.

Yes, but if you went out and bought the parts then paid a "craftman" to build it... :D

Mark620 said:
Yes, but if you went out and bought the parts then paid a "craftman" to build it... :D
$1500-$2000 depending on how well you know the "craftsman" and whether or not he'll pass the savings on to you when he hooks good deals on parts.

Remove said:
Now what's next? :D
At present, all of my focus will be on developing more practical versions of the keyless keyboard. Beyond that I'm working on a design for a custom carrying case for the FlameCube that will safely house it, and all of it's accessories.
I was considering simply purchasing a pre-made aluminum case, but I decided that that wouldn't be any fun. :D

This case has become very popular and I've been asked to make a complete write-up on it for EpiaCenter.com

On Bit-Tech.net forums the thread has 12,250 view
On Sudhian forums the thread has 5,150 views
and I'm pulling a perfect 10 (so far) in Virtual Hideout's coolcasegallery.net

Last edited:
AlucardCasull said:
why dont you have your other keyboard on there?
The keyboard is a seperate project that is not (at the moment) complete enough for me to feel comfortable displaying on a page that gets thousands of hits per day. As things are now I'm unsure what the final version will look like.

Cap, you are my hero.
*Joins as groupy # 2*

I'm gonna try this someday. When i have money. And time. And patience.

Very nice work, really i mean it's very nice. hmm i would like to ask you about the cooling fan am interested on, it's the TA700AC Ball Bearing Fan(175. 102mm,380 CFM) i would like your advise on where should i put it or even if theres a better one. plz answer:)

Asteras said:
Very nice work, really i mean it's very nice. hmm i would like to ask you about the cooling fan am interested on, it's the TA700AC Ball Bearing Fan(175. 102mm,380 CFM) i would like your advise on where should i put it or even if theres a better one. plz answer:)
Fans that run on alternating current generally produce too large of an EMF field to be safely used around or near computer equipment. I'd steer clear of any HVAC equipment (unless rated for 12V DC) when it comes to cooling a PC.

AAaaaaaarRrRrggGhhhHh!

:mad:
For some reason my mini LCD is now giving me nothing but gobble-dee-gook when I tyr to display on it. So I'm leaving it unplugged for a while and contacting the store I bought it from.

If only OLED displays were available...

Back