• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

98 widows protection error?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bassbeatz

im in big trouble basicly i have knaffed my uncles pc in that his 3d drivers wern't there so i told him to put on the sis drivers for his board that was on the cd rom that it came with.so he did............

rebooted and now we get "windows protection error"

what have i done and how do i get out of this mess,emails,private stuff,none of it backed up recently....i need this system to boot guys help....

his sig: 1250 duron,10 gig h/d,nvidia mx440,main mother board,512 sdr ram

your pretty screwed right now on getting 98 back up and running...but not too screwed to back things up...you can take his HD out and put it into another system and back up everything that he needs to another HD...but the OS is history...

if the emails are on the HD yes...just go to the outlook folder and search for them...but you might mention to him to do this...this is what I do with important emails...I have a yahoo email that is used for nothing but important emails...I send them to that one account and they are on the yahoo server...for situations like this...never have to worry about lossing important emails...

thanx for all your help on this one,
what did i do to make this all happen,like i said just took the 3d drivers off the mother boards cd rom named sis agp,which the mother board main 3d chip set is,with an nvidia mx440 on the agp port.

Back