• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

copying vcr to dvd

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nerd4life

anyone tried this ? my brother is asking me how he can copy his vcr tapes to dvd. I'm sure he probably wants to copy alot of his disney collection for the kids, but mainly the home videos that are still on vcr. Main question is what software would you use ? I have adobe premiere and macromedia flash, sorta hoping for a little simpler method though.

i built his computer about a year ago and installed this card. Hopefully the card will do the trick, if not I may go out and grab a tv tuner or something similar for better capture quality, not sure what it is on the 4800.

Thanx,

Tim

I have been converting all of my homevideos to DVD. I purchased a Pinnacle AV/DV card which came bundled with Pinnacle Studio 8.1

Pinnacle studio captures, edits and burns the DVD and works quite nicely, so far I have had no complaints. Pinnacle studio will probably work with the capture on the 4800, though the 4800 probably came with a program that will do the trick.

Best of luck to you and your brother.

all he really needs is a decent capture card. most even let you capture in dvd quality, all you would need is a dvd burner and some burning software. I have a All in wonder card and use to have a tv wonder, both captured good although the all in wonder had somewhat better quality. I just bought a leadtek tv2000XP expert, and it should be alot better than the tvwonder I had. and it was only 60 bucks at newegg with remote. it also had svideo in.

Back