• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RADEON XT owner question?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bettsr

I have the 9800 XT with out of the box CAT 6.14.10.6387 drivers. I would like to O/C this card with either different drivers or some sort of utility that will allow me to adjust the core & memory clocks. Would like to raise my score a little.

Last edited:
the cat 3.2's are the best for benching as of this time...and you can use radclock to overclock the 9800 XT, if it didnt come with a OCing program on the CD...

Thanks I'll break out the CD and take a closer look at it.

OK now that I got Radlinker installed I have run it just up to the point that blue streak are NOT appearing any longer heres were I am at.

Started At:
Core Mem
412 365

Now At:
Core Mem
428 386

Is there also a way that I can tell what sort of temperature this card might be running at? And how hot is too hot for stock air.

Last edited:
They should be in the next drivers. There is a temp monitor in Riva tuners new beta. Just check for artifacts on troll and nature in 2k3.

Everything looks real good at this point no artifacts or tearing at this setting thanks for the input

If you enable overdrive while using a 3rd party clocker it will scale you down at unsafe temps. I think people are running up to 440+ air. Overdrive itself will put you at 432 on your core.

I currently have Overdrive disabled. Do you think that I should turn it back on?

Try it on for a while and see which you like better. It uses the on board sensors to regulate the core's frequency according to your temps. At this time it only does the core so you can use a 3rd party utility to adjust the Ram and push the coare a little further.

Back