• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any point in switching these cards?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FlailBoy

The mx460 in my sig is a Gainward 64mb, not a golden sample, mem is 3.6ns

In my other comp (identical for all purposes except it's an xp2200 running at 174*12), I've got a 128mb Gainward ti200 golden sample, mem is 4.0ns.

Rig in sig is primary rig. A few RTS games and DVD's are about as hard as it'll get pushed for now.

I know the mx4** series aren't the greatest cards in the world; but it's a newer card than the ti200. Not buying a new card for either rig. Want my primary rig as good as it can get with what I've got in the house.

Have already run the ti200 in the enhanced mode (I think it's 200/450) and can probably get it higher.

If you had two identical rigs, which card would you rather run?

most definately the ti200.
It beats the mx series hands down.
It may lack clock speeds but its architectually superior.
Also a ti200 will last a little longer than the mx,.
Take prince of persia it requires a gf3 and specifically says on the box no gf4 mx.
In fact i had that same card in my rig for awhile. Its a good card. mine was 64mb though.

take the ti200. when i had my ti200 my roomate bought an mx card. the ti200 beat it hands down in any game we tried.

The MX460 should have a bit more raw speed, but more and more games use DX8 features. You would be better off with the ti200.

Sig used to say GF4 mx460. Just finished.

Wow. Looks better-not running any benches but a definite improvement. Thanks.

BTW, once I find core/mem settings I like: can I just use the Coolbits registry tweak and not even use the Gainward 'enhanced mode' utility?

Yep, the TI200 will look better and should be a bit faster since it does more with hardware and not software rendering of some things. That card should OC fairly well too, so as far as clock speeds you should be able to get that TI200 close to TI500 speeds. The TI200 may be showing its age, but I have one in each of my kids' computers and they are still playing every game that we can throw at them. Just got done playing NFS Underground and the TI200's run that game just fine. :cool:

Back