• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"This software will increase your drive performance by 60%" - Maxtor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i wonder... hmm, ill try it and let you know :D

any proggies out there that can check my HDD's speed?

Originally posted by Jognt
any proggies out there that can check my HDD's speed?
Well there are many hard drive benchmarking apps. Sandra and ATTO are a couple. Although I imagine this software will throw benchmarks off. I think some subjective and/or unconventional performance impressions would be best.

Such as ime it takes to load photoshop 8, defragmentation speed, drive scans like antivirus or Ad-aware/spybot, or large writes like when copying a big set of files.

But post it all! :D

I've got 2 80 GB maxtor harddrives that arent being used at the moment. (well one is in a small experiment i'm trying wiht XP and a 75 MHZ computer, and yes, it not only installed but it worked...) but i could format it without caring a bit. If you guys tell me what to do w/ them i'd run a test, but i dont have a BIOS that will support a harddrive larger than 33 GB at the moment... (although XP pro seems to not care and runs my 80 as a 74 anyway, which owuld be the Gb vs GB thing...)

The web site says that if you get the driver update from Nvidia, you can use it with Nforce 2 chipset. Gonna try it and let you know. Need to bench b4 and then after.

Looks like I need that nvidia update then, haven't noticed anything running it with the last nvidia drivers I installed from months ago...

Back