Thread: Mounting Qs

Arrow Mounting Qs

Okay, I got a quick question about mounting heatsinks on a GPU.

What would you need to mount something? For instance, like the bar, spacers, washers? What sizes do you need? And in what order do you put them on? Thanks!

Someone has to know. Its not complicated

Disabled
    from what ive heard, people jsut use a dab of super glue in the corners, and that does the trick. of course, i dont know exactly what your doing.

Don't use the superglue on a GPU, that's for ram and the south bridge.

For the GPU if you're making (modding) a heatsink just drill holes in the HS that coincide with the holes on your graphics card, then use plastic bolts/nuts to secure the HS to the board.

If you wanna get a real good mount you can make a backpanel thing like the ones that come with thermalright processors (the black X plates...)
    Processor - Xeon 3060, 3.8ghz
    Motherboard - Abit IP35-E, 423 x 9
    Ram - 4GB GSkill, DDR2 1000
    Video Card - nVidia 8800GT, stock
    Power Supply - Sparkle/Fortron 550 Watt
    Sound Card - X-Fi Fatal1ty / DTS Connect
    Audio: Speakers - Harman Kardon HK-254 / L, R Athena AS-B2 / SL, SR Athena AS-B1 / C Athena AS-C1 / Sub Premier Acoustic PA-120 650W
    Audio: Cans - Grado SR-225 / Sennheiser HD-580 / PIMETA Amp
    Heatware

You would want to either use the pins (usualy thats what it is) that came with it or screws (steel or nylon whatever) and plastic spacers so you don't mess up the traces (not necissary but recommended). Just make holes in the HS wherr they need to be or use the ones provided.
    .................................................. ......................Just too busy with life
    ...........................................Team.32.Mentor........................................RED.BELT.Ubercloxx0r
    ..............................You.should.always.keep.an.open.mind.help.can.be.found.in.the.most.unlikly.places.
    .....AIUHB0252@2300mhz.SP-97~Abit.NF7-S~512.RAM@fast.timings~9700Pro.w/.copper.HSF.~.2.monitors
    .................................................. ..Windows XP because I have conditions
    ....Fold.for.[OC]FoldingNinjas!!!....You .would.be.amazed.at.what.a.group.of.intelegent.peo ple.can.overlook
    ...............................................All.blanket.statments.are.false|Nothing.is.absoloute.
    ............................Don't.Let.ThermalTake.Your.Money~|~Are.You.Into.Th at.Hacky.Stuff?
    AKA:supaiku
    .................................................. ........Can.you.find.the.ninja.in.my.avatar?!?!

this is what I got from a friend--is it correct?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Ya... thats fine, I personaly didn't use any springs, washers or wingnuts at all though (I used metal screws and nuts too!)
    .................................................. ......................Just too busy with life
    ...........................................Team.32.Mentor........................................RED.BELT.Ubercloxx0r
    ..............................You.should.always.keep.an.open.mind.help.can.be.found.in.the.most.unlikly.places.
    .....AIUHB0252@2300mhz.SP-97~Abit.NF7-S~512.RAM@fast.timings~9700Pro.w/.copper.HSF.~.2.monitors
    .................................................. ..Windows XP because I have conditions
    ....Fold.for.[OC]FoldingNinjas!!!....You .would.be.amazed.at.what.a.group.of.intelegent.peo ple.can.overlook
    ...............................................All.blanket.statments.are.false|Nothing.is.absoloute.
    ............................Don't.Let.ThermalTake.Your.Money~|~Are.You.Into.Th at.Hacky.Stuff?
    AKA:supaiku
    .................................................. ........Can.you.find.the.ninja.in.my.avatar?!?!