• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Saphire good or bad?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

harryinny3

Wife ordered me a 9600XT and im wondering if the Saphire cards are good? I will say one thing though, Noone has them in stock. She got the last one on zipzoomfly.

Any thoughts?

Giving the kid my 9600pro. I couldnt afford anything more expensive.

Harry

Harry, I got the same card you ordered, the sapphire 9600XT from zipzoomfly. It is an excellent card, and I have it running at 550/700 now, from a default of 500/650 (325 DDR, if you will). I must say I am very pleased with this card :)

They don't manufacture all of them, but a lot of them are actually made by Sapphire.

BBA will be your best 100% sure bet in the way of quality usually. Next up is Sapphire which you can almost always depend on for a good quality product.

My Saphire 9500 is working great modded to a 9700. They may not be quite as good of quality as one of the better known card makers (MSI, ATI, ABIT, etc.) but they seem to make a good budget card. If the price was right then I cannot see where you can go wrong.

Matthias99 said:

Which is funny, because Sapphire manufacturers the BBA cards. But anyway...

And TSMC manufactures the cores...all ATi does is basically "rent" Sapphire's fab plants

Thank You all

For the replys. Its weird I ordered the card last night and i could add and check out, it said in stock. Then after checkout I went back to look at the card again, and it said out of stock,back order. God i hope i got the last one. You cant find ANY Saphire cards in stock Anywhere. My kid is getting new games for xmas and the 4200 aint cutting it. The games Will not install unless you install DX9 and the card slows way down during play.

I had to cancel an order last night when the place sent me an email saying card was on back order after i paid. I wrote them back and Made them cancel it asap.

The card was only $155. Just doesnt have the fancy packaging is all.

Glad its a good card. And thanks again.

Harry

Yes they make good cards. They are out of stock for a reason. You don't see many Connect 3D 9600XT out of stock these days which may red flag you.....I personally never even tried one though so I really can't say anything but I can say Sapphire is probably better, as well as Powercolor.

YES YES YES!!

Order status says Packed!! COOL!! Paid for 2nd day air, so Xmas should be a blast!! From a search, i guess i got the last dang sapphire Card out there. Very cool.

Thanks all.

Harry

I beg to differ. I ordered a Sapphire 9800pro OEM and it was defective out of the box (or rather out of the bubble wrap). I returned it for an ATI 9800XT which runs great.

I have a theory. Sure Sapphire makes the pcb/whole card for ATI but how does Sapphire remain competitive? Simple, cutting cost which lowers price. ATI has Sapphire build ATI's card to a higher standard and Sapphire uses cheaper lower quality parts to cut cost and remain competitive.

Go check out Sapphire's customer support forums. They don't have as stellar of a reputation as most would suspect. But on the other hand a lot of users here have had great experiences with Sapphire and these are the only forums I trust.

q149 said:
Sapphire made some shabby 9600 Pro's

Not sure about the XT's

Well my pair of sapphire 9600pros are s*** hot!!! Im talking 490/390 with stock volts! Whats so shabby about that???

(You must mean Powercolor :rolleyes: )

In England we dont have BBA cards. Sapphire are definatly the best!

Sapphire cards are excellent, but watch out for their customer service/support, its not that great.

Back