• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

any problems with cats. 3.10 or just me

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fazz33

hello i jus loaded cats. 3.10 2 days ago. oddly it caused my stable system overclock to become unstable... but after some voltage increases it looked fine...just like before. but afterwords when i was playing call of duty today...it crashed 20 min into the game like every time! and i also didnt really see any improvement in my games... well before i was using the drivers which were made to fix call of duty which worked like a charm :)

I get a "VPU Recover" error every now and then when playing NWN and have to restart because it then goes into software rendering. If i cant find a way to fix it i'll probably go back to 3.9's

i see the drivers seem to also lower my score with 3dmark, when i switched back i got like a 100point increase in 3dmark 2k1 in 2k3 it was a 30 mark decrease. (jus compared them like 5 min ago)

I've no problems with the 3.10 drivers. In fact I am getting even better scores, and ~ 5 more fps in most of my games. It might just be wishful thinking but I'm pretty sure my games didn't run this quickly before.

i see thats good to read :) well 3.10 did do something for me i did see a lil improvment in game play for battlefield but...it killed my hopes of playing call of duty for to long... and it forced me to overvolt to keep my overclock...

Evnas said:
I get a "VPU Recover" error every now and then when playing NWN and have to restart because it then goes into software rendering. If i cant find a way to fix it i'll probably go back to 3.9's

oooo NWN, this is about as off topic as it gets ,but is the new expansion any good?

Risendemon said:

oooo NWN, this is about as off topic as it gets ,but is the new expansion any good?

Trying using the nice PM feature....Thats what it is there for...

I have had no problems with my Card using the Cats 3.10... Maybe its just your system or just different brands do better than another...

I give them a thumbs up :)

It could be your old drivers interfering. I usually uninstall them, boot into safe mode and run a driver scrubber. then install the new ones.

I believe it's recommended to turn off that VPU recover feature. I did and I haven't had any stability problems, OC's unaffected. 4x AA looks nicer too...Halo's smoother as well.

Try disabling the VPU Recover feature and both ATi services in services.msc.

AHHHH i uninstalled patched 3.9 and used driver cleaner...then in goes 3.10 , now vpu recovery is off and now to see is call of duty is table...5 min after ...AHHHHHH it crashed !!!!!!! back goes 3.9 patched...maybe 3.11 or cats 4 will be nicer...

Risendemon said:

Havent gotten that far yet, but I do have it:D

Havent had the time to pour into RPG's much lately

Back