10 Year Badge

How many ramsinks should I buy?

I'm buying ramsinks for my 9800np. Do I just need 4 ramsinks for the top of the memory modules? Or, how many more should I buy and where would they go? Thanks.
    Laptop

You are gonna want 8, one for each memory chip on there (4 on each side right? - thats what the pics on newegg look like )
    .................................................. ......................Just too busy with life
    ...........................................Team.32.Mentor........................................RED.BELT.Ubercloxx0r
    ..............................You.should.always.keep.an.open.mind.help.can.be.found.in.the.most.unlikly.places.
    .....AIUHB0252@2300mhz.SP-97~Abit.NF7-S~512.RAM@fast.timings~9700Pro.w/.copper.HSF.~.2.monitors
    .................................................. ..Windows XP because I have conditions
    ....Fold.for.[OC]FoldingNinjas!!!....You .would.be.amazed.at.what.a.group.of.intelegent.peo ple.can.overlook
    ...............................................All.blanket.statments.are.false|Nothing.is.absoloute.
    ............................Don't.Let.ThermalTake.Your.Money~|~Are.You.Into.Th at.Hacky.Stuff?
    AKA:supaiku
    .................................................. ........Can.you.find.the.ninja.in.my.avatar?!?!

10 Year Badge
    8 ramsinks it is then. Thanks.
    Laptop

Registered
    is there any need for more than 8 ? voltage regulator, back of the gpu, other hot chips...

Heatware Profile
    Originally posted by kikkler
    is there any need for more than 8 ? voltage regulator, back of the gpu, other hot chips...
    Nope, of course those wouldn't be ramsinks then would they

Originally posted by kikkler
    Well, you could put one on the back of the GPU but it is a lot better to just cool the front better in the first place, and as far as I know video cards don't really have any other small chips that need cooling.
    .................................................. ......................Just too busy with life
    ...........................................Team.32.Mentor........................................RED.BELT.Ubercloxx0r
    ..............................You.should.always.keep.an.open.mind.help.can.be.found.in.the.most.unlikly.places.
    .....AIUHB0252@2300mhz.SP-97~Abit.NF7-S~512.RAM@fast.timings~9700Pro.w/.copper.HSF.~.2.monitors
    .................................................. ..Windows XP because I have conditions
    ....Fold.for.[OC]FoldingNinjas!!!....You .would.be.amazed.at.what.a.group.of.intelegent.peo ple.can.overlook
    ...............................................All.blanket.statments.are.false|Nothing.is.absoloute.
    ............................Don't.Let.ThermalTake.Your.Money~|~Are.You.Into.Th at.Hacky.Stuff?
    .................................................. ........Can.you.find.the.ninja.in.my.avatar?!?!

10 Year Badge
    Thanks CrashOveride. I ordered 2 sets of these and this for my 9800np.
    Laptop

My pleasure

That silencer will need a good lapping, at least mine had a crappy job on it.
    Processor - Xeon 3060, 3.8ghz
    Motherboard - Abit IP35-E, 423 x 9
    Ram - 4GB GSkill, DDR2 1000
    Video Card - nVidia 8800GT, stock
    Power Supply - Sparkle/Fortron 550 Watt
    Sound Card - X-Fi Fatal1ty / DTS Connect
    Audio: Speakers - Harman Kardon HK-254 / L, R Athena AS-B2 / SL, SR Athena AS-B1 / C Athena AS-C1 / Sub Premier Acoustic PA-120 650W
    Audio: Cans - Grado SR-225 / Sennheiser HD-580 / PIMETA Amp
    Heatware