• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help with Building PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

diggidydaz

Hi
Im currently purchasing products to build a PC, but I wanted to run these specs by to see what you guys think, and possibly any suggestions.

The system will be used mostly for graphic design (i.e. photoshop, flash, adobe premiere)

Asus nForce2 Ultra 400 Motherboard for AMD Processors, Model "A7N8X" AMD Athlon XP 2500+ "Barton", 333 FSB, 512K Cache Processor CoolerMaster ''Aero 7+''Copper CPU Cooler Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series, 184 Pin 512MB DDR PC-2700 WESTERN DIGITAL 80GB 7200RPM IDE HARD DRIVE Icute 400 Watt P4/Athlon Certified Power Supply

Any suggestions/improvements/comments would be great!
Thanks

Im looking into a video card now.

I was going to get a Regular instead of DELUXE...Should I get deluxe?

And yea, I was going to overclock the system. You have similar specs, how does your system run?

if your overclocking you'll want pc3200 then. it'll allow that barton to run a 400fsb which is an overclock from the 333.

the Abit NF7-S seems to be a friendlier board too.

Yea, get PC3200 or it will be a bottleneck. I keep hearing good things about corsair memory. I have the Asus and I love it, tho the last three MOBOs I owned were Asus. The Delux has good onboard sound, and the chipset is the bomb. I don't know jack about abit except that it has alot of followers here on the forums, just like Asus. LoL

Back