• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KHX PC3000 Post Your Results!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

n3xu5

Alrighty guys, Speed_Mechanic2 already swayed my decision from buffalo ddr to KHX pc3000 which are still BH-5 chips over at newegg see here.

Now what i'd like to know is how these little beauties will perform in my setup i'm building. I'm sure someone here has the same setup i'd just like to get some second opinions and see other peoples results :D

P4 2.4C
Abit IC7-G Max 2
1GB KHX PC3000

Lemme know what kinda of settings you were able to pull from these babies.

One last question, should i buy the KHX PC3000 right now from newegg or the Abit IC7-G Max 2 mobo? its one or the other for now until the 9th of January.

to my knowledge and from what i've read, all KHX PC3000 rated at 2-2-2-6 is bh-5.

Come on people, i know i'm not the only guy here that might wanna know how good thi stuff is lol, post some stats....:D

As far as I know, all the HyperX PC3000 is BH-5. The 2-2-2-6 timings give it away; I think the lowest timings manufacturers are able to get the CH-5 chips to run are 2-3-2-6.

Edit: Lol, n3Xu5 and I posted at the same time. :)

ok thanks very much guys :)
u have saved my stress

i will definitely report on my success. will be here on tuesday or wednesday tho.. other people post your success, i want to read too

I just ordered a Gig from zipzoomfly. I also ordered the rest of my computer components at the same time last night. Once I get it all up and running I will post my results.

I ordered 2x512 from newegg a week or 2 ago. Hyperx3000 with BH-5 chips. I even ripped off the heatspreader on one to verify.

Currently running at: 220 2 2 2 11 @ 2.9 volts. Haven't really tried to push them farther. I really do think they would go farther, but I know it wont go much farther on the nforce2 without a volt mod.

I hope I'm as lucky as you Rocko. I should have my 3000's in a couple of days and would be MORE than happy to get 217(433DDR) with those timings.

FrailBlazer said:
I hope I'm as lucky as you Rocko. I should have my 3000's in a couple of days and would be MORE than happy to get 217(433DDR) with those timings.

ya those are some pretty nice timings for that memory, i wonder what i could pull off in the setup i'm going to have. :D

Back