• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Something is Going Funky w/ my Monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vio1

Hi, Ive noticed that my desktop is moving side to side... moving a cm back and forth, almost unnoticable (unless u look at the edge of the screen). Is my monitor on its last legs?

If so, anyone from Toronto know of a good place to get a good used monitor?

dude i got the same problem, i came in here to see what it could be. it feels like its adjusting the screen or whatever. and if u knock it does it stop?? minde does sometimes i tried diff vid cards still the same. and i have a KDS Visual Sensation 7i. but after it just stops with the screen shaking

Anyone have any ideas cause at times the screen starts to really jiggle... anyone know what the prob with it is? Can it be repaired? Worth repairing?

Anyone?

Is this when it is sitting there doing nothing(like just on the desktop, and you are doing,Nothing?) Mine "moves" it gets wider and and shorter, when opening programs that are bright, like white background or if I go from a bright proggy to a dark, it is called zooming (I think) and it is normal, but if it is just doing it when you arent doing anything then something might be wrong, try changing the resolution and/or refresh rate.

BTW Vio1 which drivers do you have, 3.9's? If so change back to the 3.8's and let us know if it quits.

im using omega 3.10 drivers. I notice the zooming thing you mentioned, but the problem Im having is worse. It moves much more then regular zoomining (while im not opening any new windows)... it moves back and forth sometimes a few cm sometimes a few mm, but very sparadic... no pattern to it.

At times the monitor works fine, like right now, but at other times it acts weird.

ahh didnt realize there were 3.10's, well you could try going back to the 3.8's for a few days and see if it quits, was it doing it before the 3.9's and 10's?

Edit: forgot to ask, do you have speakers near your monitor? And what brand/models is your monitor. Have you tried changing res. and refresh rates?

Last edited:
I dont have anything nearmy monitor. Its an IBM 6547 17inch monitor.
Changing the res didnt do anything, neither did changing the refresh rate. I didnt experience this with the old drivers, and neither with these drivers until very recently. Ive reinstalled windows many times (due to system benchmarking I was doing... results found the Storage forum), and it persists.

Back