• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p4p800 or p4c800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FattyMcNastyXK

Bambam's soldier
I'm sending back my ABit IC7 because the nb chipset fan went out. And i kinda want to go Asus. I've heard great things from both the Asus 865 and 875 board but there's a $57 price difference that's noticable. I can get the p4c800 mind you but i also have things i can buy with the price difference. Which would you recomand. And whats the reason for the price difference? Thanks

Im trying to decide on either the p4p800 deluxe or p4c800 also. Whats PAT? Im sorry im a noob at this.

It has something to do with how much you want to boost performance on your ram i think. I think it also helps gaming. If you look at the ram i have, then you'll see that PAT would be usefull

An article on PAT Here

Springdale (i865) are basically "failed" Canterwoods. These are the ones that werent good enough to be put on Canterwood boards because their performance wasnt up to scratch. Therefore you casn guarantee that the Canterwood is much better for overclocking. Initially the yield on the canterwood chipset was much greater than Intel expected so many canterwood chipsets were put on springdale boards.

Craig

Rashio_UK said:
so is PAT enabled automatically on canterwood mobo's?
or do i have to turn it on in bios or something?

PAT will automatically be set to "auto" which is non-active. You'll have to turn it on to a setting such as "turbo" to activate it in the BIOS. However, it is finnicky at high OC's and with large amounts of RAM (slots filled or total size) - most people don't use it and gain more performance by getting more OC than with it on.

Back