• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tv problem (computer related)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TollPhree

Hey I was trying to put the ps2 to my compter, to my tv... in the proces I learned somthing

my composit in back my tv does not work.. sound works but the outlet doesnt.. wont play dvd, ps2... differnt cabels dont help.

anyone have any ideas on what to do? Warently is over.. its jvc 27inch... should I open tv up and go insdie? is it simuler to a moniter? thanks

Also, is the composit in the only thing you've got? How many AV channels? You did switch to AV, right? Maybe svideo and composit on same AV? Pressing the AV button several times, does that do anything? Any scart sockets?

I dunno I dont see a av button.. and im not sure of a button.. its a bit frustraing you know? where would the button me? on remote? if so there isnt one.. I have 4 display settings.

svidoe, composite, and 2 reg vidoes.. all work but composite..

Well, normaly there is an AV button on the remote. I do think that my parents JVC uses four coloured button to switch AV channels. Got those?

And you allready got a VCR hooked up? Then maybe get a composit->scart and try that? You got a model number for the set? Maybe there is some info on the TV out there..

shoot I got a booklet on it somewhere.. problem is I have 10 boxes of old info haha let me check

ok I might of dicoverd how to USE composite.. NOW THE IMPOTANT QUESTION is there anyreason to use it on my ps2? i use svidoe at the moment for my ps2! k thanks

S-Video will give a much better video than composite (at least it does in my experience) so I would say no, :D :)

Back