HDD MP3 players. (ipod, zen, ...)

I am thinking of geting a HDD mp3 player. I think I-pods are way over priced, but creative labs seems to have reasonable prices.
    So whats the difference between
    Creative Nomad Jukebox
    Zen, Zen NX, and Zen Xtra?

just get the zen NX.

cant be bothered to explain again why I HATE THE IPOD and how much better then zen is. even sounds better.

PM me when you get one and if you have problems.

oh and get this www.redchairsoftware.com and dont use the creative play centre bullpoo. just download the drivers from www.nomadness.com

creative and software is like a 5 year old kid trying to program windows but the player is wicked!!!!!!!!
    /|\ Asus P5W DH Deluxe, Intel C2D E6600, 4GB Corsair XMS2-6400C4 DDR2, E-VGA GeForce 7800 GT, Asus Xonar D2, 160GB Intel X25-m SSD, 1TB HD, Coolermaster Cosmos, etc. see my website google my name/|\

I'll keep it short and sweet...anything BUT the iPod, heh

I was not really going to buy the ipod, i just dont have that much money, and dont see why it should cost that much. But i would still like to know the diff. between NX, and Xtra, i was not able to find much detailed info on Creative website.

Sorry. I don't mean to hijack your thread, but what are the reasons for hating the iPod? I own one and the only complaint I have is the battery life.

The iPod is a great machine, but I do believe that you pay through the nose for it's sexyness. In a head-to-head (but subjective, mind you) comparison between a 2nd generation iPod and a Zen Xtra, I can say that the Xtra sounds noticably better (using the same mp3 and Sony MDR-V600 headphones). The fatal flaw I see with the Zen is that you can't really use it as a portable hard drive like the iPod. In order to transfer files to a Zen, you have to install and use a piece of software. This means it's not practical to take it with me from class to class and move my files around. This small detail alone is reason enough for me to hold off on getting a Zen.

Not a full review, but hope it helps!

sorry to come in late, but just noticed this thread. here is a short review of my Zen Xtra. I really like it.

The Xtra is definitely worth it over the NX. I've seen the 30GB Xtra on sale for $219 lately

The NX has a much smaller screen than the Xtra. Other than that they are exactly the same except the HD sizes.

you guys only hate the ipod cuz u cant afford it( neither can I) but I honestly think that it is the best...by far, even if it may cost a lot

Im thinkin of going with the Zen also, no way im paying double for an iPod. I would even rather the looks of the Zen TBH.

My question is, where is the cheapest place to buy them (online) ?? Would be a big help cheers!!

I think the biggest joke with the IPODs is that you CAN'T replace the battery when it wears down. Rechargables only have so many charge cycles before they start to wear out. Aparently Apply felt that by making the battery not user servicable they'd get people just to buy a new one after a year or two when the battery on the old one wore out.

Originally posted by Ravsitar
    I think the biggest joke with the IPODs is that you CAN'T replace the battery when it wears down. Rechargables only have so many charge cycles before they start to wear out. Aparently Apply felt that by making the battery not user servicable they'd get people just to buy a new one after a year or two when the battery on the old one wore out.
    My exact beef with the iPod and why I tell people NOT to get it. Not to mention its WAY overpriced, just like their computers. Apple hasnt release something for what its worth since the first Macintosh, heh

Originally posted by Col_Loki
    Im thinkin of going with the Zen also, no way im paying double for an iPod. I would even rather the looks of the Zen TBH.

My question is, where is the cheapest place to buy them (online) ?? Would be a big help cheers!!
    www.pricewatch.com

yep i agree with, well everbody, get the zen, i have one it is good,

Jpantoga. You say that like it's a bad thing. The iPod is a product, it's *meant* to be purchased. It's a perfectly valid criticism that the iPod costs too much (in comparison to it's competition). I agree that it is the best out there, but since money *is* an object, we have to treat it as such.

If the posted said that money wasn't an issue, then it could be taken out of the picture, and the iPod would most likely win. Since money is in the picture, many people see the Zen Xtra as a value-priced alternative to the iPod.

What about the rio karma. i love mine cuse it has lits of eq options and sounds great. Also has a very nice bundle os features. Its a little thicher but alot shorter thast the ipod. $300 for 20gb.
    Intel Q9550 @3ghz ### Xigmatech HDT-1283
    4GB G.Skill F2 6400CL5-2GBPQ @840mhz
    Gigabyte EP43-UD3L ### XFX Nvidia GTX275
    500gb Seagate 7200.10
    1TB Samsung F3
    1000Watt Cooler Master Real Power PS
    10 case fans of pure silence on 2 Sunbeam Fan Controlers
    CoolerMaster 690
    My Heatware

Registered
    ***Edited by SpeeDj***

We don't permit selling outside of the classifieds, I suggest you re read the forum rules and you will see this. Don't be selling things outside of the classifieds again please. Thank you

Sincerely OC Forums Staff

***Edited by SpeeDj***