• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Serial ATA Seagate and Samsung

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FattyMcNastyXK

Bambam's soldier
I'm looking into getting a Serial ATA Hard drive. A 160Gb is what i'm after. I read Maximum PC's review of 4 Serial drives which included the Seagate but no Samsung. From what i gathered, the Seagate is loud when it works. The seek time is 8.5 though and Samsung's is 8.9. Anyway, what i'm asking is which one would you get. The price is very close and i don't really mind noise. I'm leaning toward the Seagate. I've never experienced these two companies. I've only had Maxtor and WD drives. Thanks.

i have a seagate and its not loud at all its very good and fast. the idle is very quiet so is seek

Thanks for the reply. I've narrowed the choice to either the Hitachi 7k250 120GB or the Seagate baracuda 160GB I've read good things from the 7k250 and the 120GB is about in the same price range of the Seagate 160GB

Wierd... I am currently looks at the hitachi and seagate as well. Both 160GB though. Newegg has the Hitachi for $147, and the Seagate for $127. I think the Hitachi is quieter, but is it a better performer? Also, can you post the Maximum PC link.

Back