• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone own the coolermaster wave?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i've been looking to buy this forever, but newegg sold out recently
what is FRYS?

also, this case did win top honors in Maximum PC's Gear of the Year awards (should put you at ease buying it)

I know the cooling isnt as good as it could be, but the sheer quality and style make up for it. The cooling factor is minimally different.

Frys Electronics is a huge retail chain here in the states.
They are $160 right now and a deal I dont want to pass up....

Lots and lots and lots of people are buying them...most online stores are sold out. If you aren't too concerned about cooling, go for it. I have heard only good about them.

If it wernt $40 more and outa state I would get it :( ($20 more, $20 shipping estmated.)

Yeah I've been waiting for newegg to restock forever. All my components are going to be here and I'll have no case.

I don't really trust some of the other dealers I found. I think the case is well worth the wait though, its amazing.

I think compuplus.com has them (actually cheaper than newegg) but their reseller rating is sort of low.

sheesh, I just went to the bigfoot place and thought the price was a mistake...

Thats almost $110 more than what you can find the normal wave master for. I know the black metal finish isnt THAT much extra. Ehh, i just noticed its canadian pricing...

Also, do all the cases come with the cooler master logo on the front panel. I've been looking around, and some pictures have it, some have the manufacturers label (the company who makes them for coolermaster)...are there different decals depending where you get it?

Last edited:
I just received the black one from perfomance-pcs. Their rating on resellerratings.com is very good, it shipped really fast, and I can live with the price (near $200 for the black).

By the way, the case is AMAZING. I cannot overstate this. I love every part of it, the sides are like mirrors. I tried to take pictures but the glare from the finish makes them look weird.

I picked up a silver one at Microcenter on Thursday, it was 20% off, no shipping, but I had to pay sales tax... I ended up at $142 or something after tax.

Anyway, I agree with the sentiment here, it's great. I have one thing I changed though - the fan on the back was a bit noisy for me. I undervolt all my fans, (except processor) to get a quiet PC, but this 80mm fan was pretty loud even at 5 or 7v. I replaced it today. In a "normal" system, you may not hear it, but I certainly did.

The case itself is very high quality. This is the first time I've dealt with a case of this caliber - my previous case was a cheapie, so I am very impressed. I love the blue LEDs, and the mobo tray is very nice. All the thumb screws are a nice touch. It just oozes quality.

COOLING: this case runs fairly hot. This is running my 2.4C @ 3.25, and 2 instances of folding at all times, I have a CPU temp of 45-47C. Case temp is reported as 39C, and HDD temp is 30C.

I have both stock intake fans on (@5v), rear exhaust fan (NMB silent @ 7v) and top exhaust (panaflow @ 7v). The psu fan is also running at 5v. So, there is certainly more cooling available to me, but I like my peace and quiet.

At any rate, I am very happy with this case. I took a few shots of it, and loaded them onto Yahoo photos - link is HERE

So CobraSC, I'm assuming you took out the usb/other easy access ports from the top and put in the optional fan instead? Was it hard to do?

Yes, I did, because I really don't use those inputs, and I thought that the top exhaust fan would help. The removal was pretty straightforward, just 4 screws. It was really easy, as long as the motherboard tray is removed. If the motherboard tray is in, the angles make it difficult, but it can still be done with a short screwdriver.

Back