• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monitor Suggestion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dc5e

i'm planning to get a new desktop... and i have no good monitors. Can anybody recommend me any 19" flat monitors that are very sharp, cheap, and that have good brightness/contrast? all my 17" at home here are horrible and can't get very bright. i wanna try to keep the price below $200 but if needed i can go above.

I also would like it to be able to display 1600x1200 at good refresh rates

i was just looking around and was wondering what you guys think about this monitor.

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?DEPA=1&sumit=Go&description=Samsung,955&searchdepa=1

SAMSUNG 955DF-T/T 19" DynaFlat CRT Monitor RETAIL

Last edited:
i would recommend the mitsubishi dp930. that monitor is really something. great image quality and you cna find them at about 300 including shipping.

i just looked at it and it looks ok... a bit more expensive than what i had hoped for. I also noticed its only .24 dot pitch. When you bought the monitor did you spend time comparing monitors??

I was hoping for something with .22 dot pitch or lower, but even with low dot pitch can the monitor itself be blurry? I saw some monitors on newegg and they had .20-.22 dot pitches and were cheaper than the mitsubishi, but i'm just afraid that I might get a monitor thats blurry on high resolutions or has blurry corners.

I have the 955DF and I have had a great experience with it so far. I notice that you want to run at 1600x1200 though. My monitor has some issues trying to run that resolution. The screen really stretches out, and resizing it doesnt fix the problem. I have heard that other people have also has this problem with the 955DF

Agreed with CalsonicGTR. The Dynaflat series have some issues with this. I have the older 900IFT (same technology), and mine has slight problems with this as well, especially with the curvature at the top of the screen, and I usually run it at 1280 x 1024 without many issues.
From my experience, Dynaflats can either be really excellent in terms of image quality, or average to mediocre.

The NEC FE991SB or the Viewsonic G90FB might be better options.

thanks for the replys, The view sonic G90FB looks pretty good. Hopefully if my dad lets me order parts, that'll be the monitor i will get. Thanks alot guys.

Agreed, the 900NF is a very nice monitor. The only problem is that the NF series has been discontinued, and if you can even find one, it will be quite expensive, moreso than the NEC.

I would say go with that Samsung
Today i just went from a year old Viewsonic 17" that cost way more to a Samsung 953DFT/T and all i can say is HOLY ****ING ****... it's amazing

17" is the biggest i can fit and i only get to use it for a month before i am gone.. but i'd say it's the best upgrade i have made in a long *** time

There are still some Hitachi 21" monitors on eBay that are really cheap. I bought my 802U almost 3 years ago on eBay for $265 shipped (they are a lot cheaper now). Sure you will pay a lot for shipping but they are very heavy. IMHO Hitachi made the best monitor tubes with Sony a close second.

Back