• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Place to buy cheap LED's?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fushyuguru

Im looking for somewhere that sells cheap LED's. None of the $2 for a 3mm Ultra Blue crap.

I know there are some bargain basement online stores out there, I just cant seem to find em. Im looking to buy a semi large amount in one swipe (like 10x 3mm blues and 10x 5mm blues).

9mmCensor said:
Or get a small peice of plastic or whatever and cut it to the size you want, and drill a hole in it to fit the led.

Yeah, that could be done.

Im gonna replace the rect-led's in an LED display. So stock ones would be best.

Ill check out the ebay shop.

I thought that this would be an easy find for you... but... I am really at a loss here. None of the 'large' electronics parts companies stock a 5mm square blue LED. It's very odd. I even looked through a couple parts catalogues and still saw nothing. The only square blue LEDs that I saw were surface mount.

Captain Slug said:
http://www.lsdiodes.com

$0.45 each and only $2 shipping
Plus they have freebies for orders of 5 or more

Thanks Captain. Thats the exact store I was looking for!

My roomate shops from there, but I havent been able to get ahold of him. Youre a lifesaver.

Oh, and thanks for looking out for the square blue's, theyre really rare and may be a special order product...

Captain Slug said:
http://www.lsdiodes.com

$0.45 each and only $2 shipping
Plus they have freebies for orders of 5 or more

I second lsdiodes as a great place to buy cheap leds.

I got the *strangest* order confirmation email ever from them after I bought a bunch of blue leds one time. It was weird, but very funny.

Plus I got a "Robots will kill you" sticker with my order. :)

w00t!

DRxAndy said:
hehe chiwing is more if you want a bulk of leds
i have an led fetish

Muwhahahaa!!!! I just purchased 100 blue leds from them and they are giving me 100 free resistors too. W00t W00t. $16.50 shipped. I'm begining to have my own led fetish n_n;;

Back