• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is Inetpub? In Windows.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ToxicTaZ

Registered
Please Help! What is Inetpub? In Windows.

Hay Sup:D

In my PC under windows XP Pro

C:\Inetpub\ \AdminScripts
\catalog.wci
+\iissamples
+\mailroot
\Scripts
\wwwroot

What are these files for?

Are they a BUG? "Datamining, aggressive advertising, Parasites, Scumware, Keyloggers, selected traditional Trojans, Dialers, Malware, Browser hijackers, tracking components."

What ever it is, its realy deep in to my windows XP Pro!

Do I need to remove these files?

TaZ :eek:

Last edited:
One of the things you installed was IIS (Internet Information Services) from the Control Panel | Add or Remove Programs-->Add/Remove Windows Components...C:\Inetpub is the directory created by the IIS web server. :)

You probably shouldn't muddle around with any windows files.... ;)

What are you using to scan for spyware?

Lavasoft's Adaware seems pretty good, and it doesn't bother with my inetpub when I scan.

the best way to remove this without screwing something up would be to uninstall iis... start > control panel > add/remove programs > add remove windows components > find it there somewhere...

botteneatrpi, iis is NOT spyware - its simply running a internet information systems service on your computer... aka website, or ftp server, or mail server

((((NEW)))))

Sorry I know this is an old post... My dad noticed this today on his computer, and he says that it was not there prior to a week ago. I also have it but I don't have (catalog.wci) odd.. Well does it have anything to do with DVD playing software???

Yah I figured that, No worry about spyware now that I know how to turn it off thanks to this Thread... I was just wondering if it had anything to do with he DVD playing software, that is the last thing we did... Well we also did some windows updates..

Back