• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommend me a waterblock...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Spyder

The tides have changed.... :D
Now I am in need of a recommendation for a waterblock.
Hold this is mind, I will not overclock with it, I just want silence with good peformance that wont hurt the pocket book. I have a BIE, but also need a good pump.
Im thinking Ehime 1048/1250??

Thanks.

EDIT

Hows does a White Water 1/2inch barbs poly top and Ehime 1250 pump sound?
Is the WW more of a High or low flow block?

Last edited:
Everyone seems to like the blocks from dangerden.com. As for a cheap yet good chipset block id reccomend the x-aqua. I just put one on my chipset today and my temps went from 36ºC to 30ºC and keep in mind I have a JUNK pump and rad.

Whitewater is good and I recomend it. If I remember right, Cathar said the flow doesnt matter much on the block. If you compare it at low flow, it will still be better than most, same as at higher flows. Obviously the more flow the better, but with the pumps you mention you are in the clear.

BigSmokey said:
Whitewater is good and I recomend it. If I remember right, Cathar said the flow doesnt matter much on the block. If you compare it at low flow, it will still be better than most, same as at higher flows. Obviously the more flow the better, but with the pumps you mention you are in the clear.
here's the C/W vs Flow rate from Bill Adams review
WWcwSI.gif

Ok.
Im getting a great deal on a Ehime 1048 and a WW, so im thinking:
Pump Rad CPU Pump~

One other question, where could I get a relay so I dont have to have a seperate plug?

Eheim is the way to go if you are going with silence. Im not too sure if WW still has that lapping prob but if they do I'd stick with Swifty 5002. It's really easy to install, high quality, and works well with low head pump.

Go with the WW, even though some have been needed to be lapped, it only takes an hour or so.

Sounds like a nice setup.

Back