• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crappy ti4200 overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crap

Registered
Howdy. I've been toying around with my MSI Ti4200, and my max stable overclock seems much lower than most everyone elses. I have the stock cooler on it and I am only able to hit 280 core. Memory seems to OC fine, but the core is horrible. The model is TD8X...it has 128MB of memory and 8x agp. My case has excellent cooling. Any ideas on what the problem could be? A solution would be much appreciated.

Is that the one with the orange looking backplate on it? cause i think i have that same card. 310/610 is about my bbest oc.

But i know that temperatures are really flakey with that card if it is one like mine... What is your case temp?

Yeah, it has a copper plate on the underside. My case temp is always between 22 and 25 celcius.

that is not to horrible, i have the same card and before i put the maze 4 on it my best o/c was 290/608 the stock cooler on it SUCKS!!! when i took mine off it only made contact with about %10 of the core and 1.5 of the 8 ram chips on it... that cooler is no where near flat plus that the thing is made of is a thin sheet of alum.... after i put some good cooling to it i got a much higher o/c. what are your 01 and 03 scores at that speed?

The amount of heatsinks I have on my TI-4200 weigh more than the card, yet I can only get it 300/500 stable running 3D Mark 2001se. That's just the luck of the draw with the card I got. Try to avoid beating yourself up over what other people get from their cards. Each one, even the same make and model, often come down to how lucky you are in terms of overclocking without extreme cooling efforts.

Hoot

Funny thing, that cards stock cooling sux? Its what i always used.. I tried a custom jobby where i stuck a cpu HSF on there with some quite large ramsinks, and tho i coulg get a little higher on the oc, i was a bit lower on my bench... really confused me. but i tend to get about 25-30% oc on all my cards that i had. cept my voodoo 3500

Hoot said:
The amount of heatsinks I have on my TI-4200 weigh more than the card, yet I can only get it 300/500 stable running 3D Mark 2001se. That's just the luck of the draw with the card I got. Try to avoid beating yourself up over what other people get from their cards. Each one, even the same make and model, often come down to how lucky you are in terms of overclocking without extreme cooling efforts.

Hoot

WOW :eek: how big is it? do you some pics?

Mine GF4 Ti4200 is doing 320/560 and 305/600

Back