• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new at watercooling, $200 to spend what do you think?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jo3

just like it says i have about 200 to spend on a watercooling kit and its my first time with this stuff. im running a 2600+ at 2.2 (16.5x133[old ram]) and i idle about 40ºC and max load at about 44ºC. I have a volcano 9 right now on full blast and i dont know if i should keep going with the overclock and wait till i hit around 50ºC on full load before i go with the watercooling, but i must say im really getting sick of the noise.

anything will help.

Eheim 1250
Dtek WW or Dangerden RBX
Heatercore with shrouds and 120mm panaflos (pick one based on space)
10ft tygon tubing
pick a coolant
pick a reservoir ot t-line based on space

DangerDen RBX or D-Tek Customs Whitewater :: $53 or $50
Hydor L30 or Eheim 1250 :: $50 or $70
10' 1/2" Clearflex or Tygon tube :: $15 or $26.50
D-Tek Scratch and Dent HC** or Black Ice Extreme :: $24 or $60
120mm fan, Enermax or Panaflo :: $10-15
Hose Clamps*** :: $.75 per
T-Line or Res :: $1 or $20+

TOTAL :: $160+

** Scratch and dent Pro-Core comes w/o any shroud, you can buy one for $15 or search the forums to make your own
*** remember that the WhiteWater and RBX requier 3 for the waterblock and 3 for the requiered Y fitting

There are a BUNCH of threads with this kinda stuff. New ones come in every couple of days...so you're probably going to find more useful information if you just use the search feature. Once you know what you want, or can't quite figure something out, then post. You'll get better (and more specific) advice that way. :)

Back