• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sooo I bought a Barton 2500....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Spyder

Hey I was at frys, spent my last $200 on a cpu and a gig of ram.
So this cpu is a AQYFA 0341, and im stuck with the stock heatsink right now. Anything I can expect from this cpu overclocking abilities? Im on a 8RDA+. Is there a better board for this?

Even though the new 2500+ bartons are locked you can manage to increase the fsb to get a significant increase in your speed. People say that the new bartons can overclock better than the old ones, so expect some good things from that cpu.

well, i won't really say the new ones will overclock more than the old one. I think you should get 2.2Ghz @ 11*200 with the lock ones.

Ive heard my boards only good upto 185 before it needs a Vmod. Is this true and if so whats a good replacment?
Im not looking for major overclocking, just performance with silence using watercooling.

I'm using the Chaintech Zenith Ultra 400. The Vcore goes up to 2.15 and the Vdimm is 3.2volts I believe. With this board so far I have taken my 2500 up to 210x11 at a Vcore of 1.80.

Back