• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lowdown on the NF7-S

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Spyder

Hey, Im looking into replacing my current motherboard and this one sounds like the cats meow. Give a rundown of what I should be watching out for if I buy it.

I have had mine for a couple weeks, pushed the fsb and the bios corrupted, but I am not familiar with anyone else having this problem. other than that, It replace an MSI KT4 Ultra and is definatley better, but with all I picked apart in the KT4 bios, I never ran into such an issue,

don't let me scare you, I am convinced that the NF7-S v2 is the best amd board available.

BigSmokey said:
No 10 or 10.5 multi kinda sucks, but hopefully it will be fixed soon. I would still give it a top rating.

The hacked bios D10 so far is the only bios where 10x and 10.5x multis have no problem running @ higher FSB speeds. It also takes care of most people's data corruption problem when using SATA.

When you are going to buy the board, make sure that the site lists support for the 400FSB CPU's. This guarantees the Rev 2, and the C1 stepping Northbridge. If it doesnt support the 400FSB CPU's, then you run the risk of getting a pre-Rev 2 board, and those dont overclock as well as the Rev 2.

Back