• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Suspected R420 and NV40 Pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
haha i was just thinking that too

looks like it could have a smaller heatsink... just looking at the holes around the ATI chip and the cap there, i don't think you could fit a big heatsink with the capacitor right next to it.

I guess they look fairly realistic, but I think there should be more traces. A lot more traces. Also, the RAM on both of them is the same it looks like. That seems a bit odd.

No pictures of the heatsinks? Hmm..

Well maybe they haven't settled on cooling solutions for either card. Also these are more then likely far from being the final reference board which would explain the board layouts and lack of traces.

so i'm guessing there will be a AGP version and PCI-X version of R420 before they start going all PCI-X?

Getting tempted to wait till the R420 for a upgrade.

The last roadmap put the R420 as AGP 8x and the R423 as PCI-X . But I have heard that the roadmap has changed, I'm not sure if the timing , product marketing or packaging or even the products themselves have changed .

just when is the R420 supposed to come out??? i can't wait!!! it'll probably be too expensive for me though anyways :(

i think these pics were ones from a PC trade show that are not reall the cards, just a memory manufactures "demos" to show off thier new ram. if my memory serves me correct that is.

I remember seeing the exact same picture of the core somwhere before, and a discussion about the "Viper" chip in the picture.

Back