• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

so im getting a 30in plasma tv.........

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stryder2720

Ok I want to but a 30-33in LCD or Plasma Tv that has DVI connections and price is no option so what do you guys/gals suggest? I have been looking at the Sony KLV-30XBR900 and a Gateway..What would you pick and why? I basically want a TV that I can hook up my PC up to, but it has to be a 30-33in LCD or Plasma and has to have a DVI connection(s). And Im not bias against brands so any brand will do so take your pick.
~Peace
Thanks for the feedback:p
Also which is better a LCD or a Plasma TV?

how much you spending??? i got a 50" LCD Projection and its awesome. It has DVI in, VGA in and everything else. Also Plasma tv's often only go up to EDTV unless you pay ALOT. For the same price of Plasma EDTV you can get a LCD HDTV.

Dc5e said:
how much you spending??? i got a 50" LCD Projection and its awesome. It has DVI in, VGA in and everything else. Also Plasma tv's often only go up to EDTV unless you pay ALOT. For the same price of Plasma EDTV you can get a LCD HDTV.
Are you talking about a projection TV or a stand alone projector? But both are good ideas and thanks for the INFO on plasmas..I never knew that.
~Peace

Heh that is where it gets confusing because not only are there plasma and LCD tv's, but there are also LCD rear projection TV's and regular rear projection TV's. I myself am not sure of what the difference is between a LCD rear projection tv, a rear projection TV, and a LCD TV myself with the exception of a standard LCD TV being a thin screen flat panel like a plasma, but the LCD rear projection is just as big as a normal rear projection big screen. This is very confusing to me hehe. That is why I posted another thread asking about what the differences are.

I didn't see any mention of the DLP's need to have it's bulb replaced roughly every 2 years. Do the bulbs last longer now? Last I heard was that they needed replacing every 2 years, and were about 800 per bulb.

beware the gateway plasma- it's edtv, not hdtv-check the resolution to be sure......

The rear projection LCD tv's offer true HDTV, and don't suffer from the same drawbacks as tradition projection tv's and big screens....ie low angle viewing

Well that really depends what you mean by "true hdtv" as it can mean many formats (720p, 1080i, 1080p....etc). LCD tv's can only do 720p (all 1080i content is downconverted to 720p) and the vast majority of hdtv content is 1080i (pretty much only abc does 720p).

I was in a gateway store and asking about their plamas and the guy told me that if I wanted a real TV to not bother with the ones they sold. Seems as though if you want to get in on a really decent plasma then you start in the $4500 + range. =(

Plasma, LCD? Go ahead spend money on trash.

If you want the best image possible you need a CRT TV, extreemly expensive and heavy though.

Next on the list are DLP TV's these babies put plasma and LCD to shame.

But if you really want bang for the buck, go projection, those are as good as the DLP's but you can have them upto 90"+ and are a fraction of the cost, a good one would run you only about $1500 - $2500 compared to a DLP about $4000-5000.

PS. Plasma is the worst choice for an HDTV you can make. They are inferior quality to the rest and they don't last very long compared to the others.

Back