• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AI7 LCD Display on all the time? Could someone check 4 me please?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pedwar

Registered
Hi,

Quick question for you AI7 owners out there...

Does the on-board LCD Post Error code display on your boards stay on all of the time even when the PC is powered down?

I know none of my other ABIT boards did and I'm pretty sure this one didn't when I first got it.

Now after you shut the PC down the code 99 (well 9.9.) is constantly shown (stays on all night) even though the PC has powered down.

If you remove the power lead from the wall/PSU the display goes off, but when replaced the display turns back on again (even though the PC is still off) displaying the code 00, this stays there until the PC is booted up and shut down again, displaying the 99 code again?

I'm 99.9% sure this didn't do it when I first put it in, but typically when I was putting the last blanking plate back in there the bottom of it touched the board and it flicked the PC on then off again an I'm pretty sure it has done it since then. The PC operates normall though.. weird.

Just wondered if you could check your boards to verify if they do, do this?

Thanks,

Mine does that too. I wouldn't worry about it. If you notice the NIC on your board will remain on as well as long as there is power connected to the PSU.

same here, it stays on all the time. i wouldnt worry about it too much, unless it bothers u, then you will have to unplug your system from the wall.

raven

Phew... Thanks for that guys..

Am glad it's not just my board that does it then. I was just worried as I said before as I was sure the display was off until I slipped with the blanking plate and the board made a noise as if it fired up for a spilt second then shut down again. It was then I looked over and saw the display alight.

Must just not have noticed it before. :)

I did notice the NIC staying on all of the time actually. I thought it was something to do with the 'wake up on LAN' type functionality, which was strange as I have all of that turned off.

As you say my network switch thinks the PC is on all the time, showing the Link light even when the PC is off. Ohh well.

Any other AI7 users out there noticed if their POST error display is staying on? Guess it's just a 'feature' of this board.

Thanks again,

Back