• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mozilla? Is it worth it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ok, everything is working like butter,

Now i want to remove outlook express. But cant seem to find an uninstall option. even under windows components it wont remove.

Can anyone give me a heads up on where to start? I dont need 2 mail programs running.

Harry

Of the browsers that I currently use, I would rank them in this order:

1) Opera (7.23) - [ lots of extras, use it 90%+ ]
2) Mozilla Firebird (v0.7) - [fast and no bloat]
3) Mozilla (1.6) - [just slightly below Firebird only because of bloat]
4) IE (6.0) - [only use it when none of the above will render the page]

Where can you find the plugins for Mozilla Firebird? This is probably an easy question, but I could only find the plugins help page. Any other time I would have to wait until the page needed the plugin for me to get it (i.e. shockwave).

I think Mozilla Firebird still needs more development until it's really worth keeping installed on my system. I thought there were 1) too many "extensions" that should have been already implemented, 2) a few things i couldn't customize that are customizable in other browsers, and 3) crashed a number of times the few times I tried using it.
I use MyIE2 currently.

Edit: I meant firefox, wuteva the latest transformation as of now. I tried it about 2 weeks ago. *yuck*to me :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'm using Firefox now, the new version of Firebird. I've used Mozilla since version 1.4 and IMO it's 10x better then IE. Faster, smarter, much safer, overall a more pleasant internet experience.

Long live Firefox.

if you didnt mind a change to netscape from ie then this would be a great prog for you, its totally open source and has some really good appz for it

mozilla firefox seems to be running fine on this dell machine over here, but the topic is ridiculous 'is mozilla worth it?' what kind of question is that? what DO you have to lose? 10MB? Do ya only have a 1GB hard drive and u just barely have 10MB to spare? A proper topic question would be 'is mozilla good' or something along those lines (sorry guys for the ranting and raving, just a thought). I've heard plenty of negative feedback from firefox users though, saying its buggy and I've also heard that mozilla isn't completely satisfied with what they have made.

Back