• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

$350 system performance challenge!!! beat this!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

asw7576

Asus P4SDX non deluxe ................. $ 69
Intel P4 2.0A (400mhz) ................ $ 123
Generic PC3200 512mb x 2 ........... $ 152
Total system cost ....................... $ 344

He.... he.... just got lucky this time :D. I've got superman P4 2.0A @ 3.4GHz with default voltage 1.500V. Its SL6QM D1 chip.... no wonder.....

I've got nice Sisoft Sandra 2004 benchmark:

Attachments

• 341arith.jpg
    341arith.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 782
DaRky4YoU said:
holy **** thats one hell of an overclock from 2.0 to 3.4

what heatsink/fan do you use?

remember.... it's $350 system, so no more money left to buy heatsink. I just mod the intel fan to run 3800 rpm all the time.

I'm surprise this chip is okay too with 175 FSB !!!! with default voltage !!!!! IT'S 75% OC WITH DEFAULT VOLTAGE !!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

not sure why everyone is so surprised. sure its a good overclock but the D1 core typically maxes out at 3.5-3.6 which is right where he is.

Sniper_83 said:
Well I think it has more to do with the fact the hes cooling via stock and some other things.
i had a 2.4b that did 3.5 stable on my 1.6a's stock cooler..

stan03 said:
i wonder if that chip could go higher with a better heatsink...
based on my experience with my 2.4b it will but not much.

my 2.4b was stable on stock air at 3.5. put on a slk900 and 92mm fan and it was stable to 3.6. put on watercooling and it was stable up to 3.66.

i think he is approaching the limit of the core.

Maxvla said:
not sure why everyone is so surprised. sure its a good overclock but the D1 core typically maxes out at 3.5-3.6 which is right where he is.

Maxvla.... honey.... I'm back... here, I've got something special for you: 3.61GHz @ still at default voltage :eek: :eek: Don't get jealous.... :D

No Bull: see the pics

Greenman..... he... he....he... you still to work harder now :

CPU arithmatic: 9295mips/4868mflops

Attachments

• 361arith.jpg
    361arith.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 671
Last edited:
looks good asw. :)

perhaps you have yourself a golden chip?

got any decent heatsinks to use on that?

Even though that board overvolts a little still I still consider that a good oc for a 2.0A CPU and I don't care what stepping it is.

Back