• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p4c800-e deluxe won't boot to ATA HDD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FattyMcNastyXK

Bambam's soldier
I just got my mobo. I hooked up my ATA hard drive (my only hdd) and it sees the drive and i put it under my #1 boot drive. But when i try to boot, it comes up with a message that says its scanning ide drives. Then it comes up with another message that says " No drive attached to FastTrak controller. Bios is not installed" I don't know what the deal is. I unplugged all my other cd roms and floppy to isolate the hard drive. Plz help, i got a lan tomorrow. !!!!

I had the same problem......go into bios and disable the promise raid controller.....It should be under the onboard devices tab. The message will then go away.

This error message isn't a big deal....the computer is looking for Raid which you don't have, then it can't find raid so it reports an error.

EDIT: look for the thread titled "Bg troubles"if you need a better explaination...its about 15-20 threads down on the asus intel section

Ok, got that fixed, thanks. But now, it won't boot and it sees my hard drive but won't boot to it. Its on the #1 boot device. Something strange, it says my drive is 300 GB which it is only 80. I can't believe i didn't see that below. Probably because when i searched, i put p4c800 and his isn't that. But now there's a new problem. I've never been able to boot with this board.

I had sprayed uv paint on the pins and wasn't thinking. It looks like i've scraped most of it off, thats what i thought was messing it up but i don't know now.

WOW, i just learned a big lesson. DO NOT spray pins with UV sensitive paint or else you will have a hell of a time scraping it off so you're hard drive or cd drives can be recognized :D That was my problem. Everything is good now.

FattyMcNastyXK said:
WOW, i just learned a big lesson. DO NOT spray pins with UV sensitive paint or else you will have a hell of a time scraping it off so you're hard drive or cd drives can be recognized :D That was my problem. Everything is good now.

LOL There's a lesson in there for us all...

Back