• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SATA RAID not detected by windows during install?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JML

I'm setting my new stuff up and trying to install windows, but windows says I have no hard drives connected, even though my bios detects both my SATA raptor drives....

Here's my config-

NF7-S mobo
Two 512 Mushkin DDR PC3700 sticks
Geforce 3 Ti200
Two SATA Raptor HDD's (I set them up in raid in the bios)
Athlon XP 2500+

Like I said, tried to install windows, says there are no drives connected. Do I have to have an ide drive in my computer?

Try pressing F6 when windows first starts to install look at the very bottom of the screen and you should see the prompt. Have your sata drivers on a floppy, the install should ask for them after a bunch of files are copied. It's been a while since if had to do this hope I remember ok.

It was win2k and it the f6 worked, but I had to do it twice. Odd how the f6 doesn't always work...

Anyways, thanks for helping me out :)

The two raptor drives aren't benchmarking as high in sandra as I thought they would- another problem for another day ;)

Back