Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

OMG! Lineage II!!!!

Ok, I've said a few things about the game that weren't so nice. But after seeing a few of the videos... OMG!!!!!!! Look at these:

Movies

Unbelievable. The castle seige? WOW! Imagine fighting a war like that in an MMO. I mean, I've seen a few battles that got upto around 50 people, but not all organized like that with archers on the battlements raining fire arrows down while enemies charged the gates on gigantic monster mounts! Holy hell!

And then imagine replacing the music with the Lord of the Rings soundtrack! I do that a lot in MMO games . Especially with the ROTK soundtrack. Amazing.

There were a few characters dissappearing and reappearing during a few scenes. But considering it's well over a hundred players, I can overlook that.

I like this game. Is it just me or are there alot of panty shots in this game?

Registered
    Taiwan Open Lineage 2 beta.

http://lineage.gamigo.de/forum/showt...5&pagenumber=1

Good thread on how to download the client and make an account.

Servers go live tomorrow!

U.S. Time it starts at 10pm eastern.. OMG 2 and a half hours !~!~!~!~!~! wewt wewt t00t t00t
    Last edited by MrRamon; 01-12-04 at 06:31 PM.

Thanks for the heads up MrRamon. I'm gonna try it! But one thing worries me though. Only language I speak is english so I'm gonna be clueless for the most part if it's based in Taiwan.

Btw, Welcome to the forums!

Registered
    Thanks Papier in the game there is an option to turn it to English.. although it only translates the menus and items. You can also check out http://web2.249088.vserver.de/ for english quest translations and they even have a almost fully English game patch .

You know I"m interested in a game when I download almost every movie of it off a website.

I usually don't play MMORPG unless there's a demo out or if it's open beta. I heard this game is almost a cult following in Korea with something like 4 million players.

Thanks man for the info!

hmmm i reallly hate richard garriot after ultim 9 but i think i may give this game a shot

Man, I downloaded the siege video yesterday, and WHOAH. The only problem that I could see, was the arrows flying through the wall, and the somewhat choppy movement.
    The elephant/Epox verdict:
    Many readers have noted that their newly purchased elephants won't properly fit into the AGP slot of the 8KHA motherboards because some capacitors were in the way. Since most elephants don't comply with the AGP 2.0 specification, we recommend that God does a product recall on elephants.

I've seen a couple of moves from this game. I must say it looks pretty promising! Will check out on this game now and then to see what happends.

I'm still waiting for World of Warcraft thou.
    Last edited by Perre; 01-13-04 at 05:58 AM.

Man this is really impressive!!! Any idea when it should be out ? Who is gonna try beta ? We might make a guild or something =)

Ramon, do you have the client? There a way I can ftp it from you?

I have an account, but the client takes 9 hours to download, & I've been timing out from them.

I usually donm't do this but I'm thinking of starting a clan for it. Anyone want to join me? This way, we can have a good number of ppl before the game launches and be pretty powerful already. Anyone?

I know it's early, but the game looks amazing and I DO want to be a force to reckon with in that game

yeah its a great game, i got to play it for a few months when korean beta was going on

VERY fun-- much better than Daoc,ff xi, and judging from the game layout it will suit my playstyle much better than W.o.W

the only game that ive had that much fun on (mmorpg) was pre-trammel UO

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.p...hreadid=223622
    ---AthlonIIx4 4GBDDR3 NV9800GT---

running Win7x64

is a group game or is it really solo friendly?

both-- its sometimes less productive to group

you get about the same XP eitehr way
    ---AthlonIIx4 4GBDDR3 NV9800GT---

running Win7x64

Auto updating my client now. Anyone playing this?

How is it with all quests and menues and stuff ? Do you understand a thing ?

So has anyone signed up for the beta yet? Please let us know

There is an English patch that puts some of the text in English. I wasn't able to get very far because it was late at night, and was getting horrible lag (game would freeze for minutes). The menus were in English, apparently the quests and some NPC text is in English as well, but I wasn't able to tell.

The next step for me is to get a proxy server set up to stop the lag. The horrible lag I was experiencing apparently goes completely away if I would use a Taiwanese, Japanese, or HK proxy. However, I wasn't able to get any proxy working properly. I have the software and list of proxies, but was unable to connect through one. I don't know if I need to tweak a setting in my winxp or on my router. I'll have to try harder when I get home.

Game is beautiful though. The interface is very similar to DAOC, so the game is already familiar with me. I didn't figure out how to turn on the English captions until about an hour into the game, but I was still able to create a character, enter the game, equip items and fight (as well as logoff when during the lag storms) with the Taiwanese text.

OK, got it working successfully. Are you playing, Amino?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast