• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OMG! Lineage II!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Amino

Ok, I've said a few things about the game that weren't so nice. But after seeing a few of the videos... OMG!!!!!!! Look at these:

Movies

Unbelievable. The castle seige? WOW! Imagine fighting a war like that in an MMO. I mean, I've seen a few battles that got upto around 50 people, but not all organized like that with archers on the battlements raining fire arrows down while enemies charged the gates on gigantic monster mounts! Holy hell!

And then imagine replacing the music with the Lord of the Rings soundtrack! I do that a lot in MMO games :D. Especially with the ROTK soundtrack. Amazing.

There were a few characters dissappearing and reappearing during a few scenes. But considering it's well over a hundred players, I can overlook that.

I like this game. Is it just me or are there alot of panty shots in this game? ;)

Thanks for the heads up MrRamon. I'm gonna try it! But one thing worries me though. Only language I speak is english so I'm gonna be clueless for the most part if it's based in Taiwan. :(

Btw, Welcome to the forums! :)

You know I"m interested in a game when I download almost every movie of it off a website. :D

I usually don't play MMORPG unless there's a demo out or if it's open beta. I heard this game is almost a cult following in Korea with something like 4 million players.

Thanks man for the info! :)

hmmm i reallly hate richard garriot after ultim 9 but i think i may give this game a shot

Man, I downloaded the siege video yesterday, and WHOAH. The only problem that I could see, was the arrows flying through the wall, and the somewhat choppy movement.

I've seen a couple of moves from this game. I must say it looks pretty promising! Will check out on this game now and then to see what happends.

I'm still waiting for World of Warcraft thou.

Last edited:
Man this is really impressive!!! Any idea when it should be out ? Who is gonna try beta ? We might make a guild or something =)

Ramon, do you have the client? There a way I can ftp it from you?

I have an account, but the client takes 9 hours to download, & I've been timing out from them.

I usually donm't do this but I'm thinking of starting a clan for it. Anyone want to join me? This way, we can have a good number of ppl before the game launches and be pretty powerful already. Anyone?

I know it's early, but the game looks amazing and I DO want to be a force to reckon with in that game :D

both-- its sometimes less productive to group

you get about the same XP eitehr way

There is an English patch that puts some of the text in English. I wasn't able to get very far because it was late at night, and was getting horrible lag (game would freeze for minutes). The menus were in English, apparently the quests and some NPC text is in English as well, but I wasn't able to tell.

The next step for me is to get a proxy server set up to stop the lag. The horrible lag I was experiencing apparently goes completely away if I would use a Taiwanese, Japanese, or HK proxy. However, I wasn't able to get any proxy working properly. I have the software and list of proxies, but was unable to connect through one. I don't know if I need to tweak a setting in my winxp or on my router. I'll have to try harder when I get home.

Game is beautiful though. The interface is very similar to DAOC, so the game is already familiar with me. I didn't figure out how to turn on the English captions until about an hour into the game, but I was still able to create a character, enter the game, equip items and fight (as well as logoff when during the lag storms) with the Taiwanese text.

Back