• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What does this mean on my moniter? PLEASE READ!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dguy6789

My moniter is a 19" of some company. It has this setting that shows a thermometer and a K symbol, which i believe is the kelvin scale. In that section, i can pick 9300, 6550, or 5000. From the settings, 9300 looks better, but what does this do? If it is temperature, would lowering it drop the heat output of my moniter? it is a crt, makes lots of heat.

It's referring to the color temperature setting of the monitor. The higher the temperature, the bluer the color; the lower the temperature, the redder the color. For those people insterested in accurate color rendition, these settings would make a difference. For the rest of us, a simple "does it look good?" evaluation is all that is required.

It doesn't directly have anything to do with the heat produced by the monitor, but I suppose if you were really curious you could strap a thermometer to the top and see if there is any difference betwixt the three settings.

In any event, I'm sure the monitor was designed to operate continuously with either of these settings.

Alright thanks, i have always ran it at 9300, it looks way way better then the other settings. Thanks for the explanation.

Back