• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking PIII 733 Newbie help !!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pelux

I have a pIII733 running on a abit se6 board
I cant seem to find a way to bypass the multiplicator lock

does anyone know how to do it ?
detailed instructions would be appreciated, I'm new to this

nope.....as said above.....the clocks are locked...doesn't matter what they are set to.....they won't change.

Move the FSB up a tad.......then you'll see OC results. Only a tad tho....once you get a result......you'll be hooked here forever! ROFL

unfortunately you will be lucky to get more than 800 or so maybe around the 850 mark as long as you have good components

As mentioned above, you can't change the multiplier on Intel CPU's :(. As for max speed, however, I got 935MHz out of a PIII 733 using only a Golden Orb. I was going to burn it in and eventually push it higher (since it was running smoothly and pretty cool), but then I dropped the machine down a flight of stairs :(

sorry bout that your computer....

I'm getting an getting alpha PEP66t (v2.0) heatsink with a delta fan (6800 rpm)
I read on many posts and articles that it kicked the orb's ***...
and I have infineon ram
so thopefully I'll get at least 935 !

Weeeeeeee........... at least 169mhz FSB!!!!!!!!? You have to be a overclock freak to maybe get it that high.. You've better have Super RAM and Super freak Icy cooling to even just load windows and there's no freakin' way you can play any games at all. The chances even getting close to that high would be about 10%.
good luck!! haha

Hi there all!

I have a P III Coppermine 733 256k 133m PGA SL4CG

Has anyone heard if that can be overclocked at all? around 900 to 1000 i hope? If not please let me know cause i have 15 days to return it.

Thanks in advance.

Back