• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Giving WW and RBX whiners something else to ponder or cry about.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
LOL ...
that block looks like an old revision of the RBX I have sitting on my desk in front of me.....

Maybe in the next revision of the Demonic XTC block it will have some type of acceleration plate/assemlby/cover....

JFettig said:
SORRY, I was incorrect for the most part
It originated in this thread:
http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=6101&page=1&pp=25&highlight=multi+hole
Volenti had his made up before cathar did, tried to sell them before cathar had his too I think.
I might not be totally right on this so dont take my word for it 100%;)

Jon

About time. :D Can I throw my thread in showing before that? Used to have it in the water block gallery with it's revisions. BTW JFettig, you were right about the nozzel - smaller was better and I didn't believe you. :)

Rokk1972 said:
LOL ...
that block looks like an old revision of the RBX I have sitting on my desk in front of me.....

Maybe in the next revision of the Demonic XTC block it will have some type of acceleration plate/assemlby/cover....

If you read the article they say just that. Its in the works Rokk.

So funny...

Cathar said:

Only by doing the direct-injection jet-tubes into the cups can the impingement-only effect really come into its own, but it's the ability to manufacture masses of those jet tubes, small enough, thin enough, long enough, and accurate enough, that's the real PITA. Do it bodgy, and you end up with something that'll be second place behind what they're already making, and they'll give up and say it's pointless.

This is all too true. Took me to long with the research, doing the math, testing and then finding ways to build it then trying to do it better took alot of work for me. That was just using one nozzle. After I got just one right, four nozzles became a nightmare. I also found out that it's more than just the jet tubes. Their shape makes a nice difference too.

just a piece of unnecessary (perhaps even unwanted?) info. but a good laught. sinc im from swede, and in swede we only "kits". u cant buy replacemnt part such as holdown-kits. Looked at us and uk for it. Uwont belive it, but uk was actually twice as expensive as the us for shipping. And here come the funny part:
Cheapest place i found, (and ended up buying from) was Cathars little e-shop in australia!!! Dont that take the cake....
So mostly just wanted to share this with u and say:

THANK U FOR BEEING AROUND CATHAR!! :D

LOL hey cathar sup... anyway that block looks like a WW and RBX put together and the WW still beat it according to the comaprison tables

Biglipzits said:
LOL hey cathar sup... anyway that block looks like a WW and RBX put together and the WW still beat it according to the comaprison tables

The XTC block needs to add in an accelerator plate to outperform the WW... but then it will be a square version of the RBX, or very close to it.

maybe it should have a name change to WBX once he adds in the impengment.....:)

Rokk1972 said:
maybe it should have a name change to WBX once he adds in the impengment.....:)

Haha now thats funny.

I almost died laughing when I first saw this blcok, thats why I wrote the post. Even though I believe this thing will perform more like the RBX with impingement, because it is the RBX (well we cant tell unless someone measures the thing). The least they could have done is invert the channel waves to make it different.

Though like I said, I guess this type of design is here to stay.

Rokk1972 said:

The XTC block needs to add in an accelerator plate to outperform the WW... but then it will be a square version of the RBX, or very close to it.

So what does the RBX need, then, to out-perform the White Water. ;)

Last edited:
JFettig said:
SORRY, I was incorrect for the most part
It originated in this thread:
http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=6101&page=1&pp=25&highlight=multi+hole
Volenti had his made up before cathar did, tried to sell them before cathar had his too I think.
I might not be totally right on this so dont take my word for it 100%;)

Yep - well aware of that thread. The first revision Cascade plans had been drawn up and sent to the machinists at about the same time as Volenti was displaying his wares.

Syscrusher, sorry, had never seen your work. Got any pictures since you keep referring to it? Would be interested to see.

UberBlue said:

This just made me think of something... Does pHaestus have his rig dried out yet?

Yes. He has already tested the RBX, the Cascade, and the MCW5000A as far as I know. His tests are done at a fairly moderate heat load though (T'bred B @ 2200MHz/1.85v)

Rokk1972 said:

no prob. You asked a direct question, and I gave you a direct answer....
:p

Well, while we're exchanging words, for perhaps the first time that I'm aware of.

If the #4 nozzle works better for the RBX than the other nozzles, then why is the block not shipped with that as default?

Secondly, were these tests conducted using your usual test procedure of CPU Temp minus Case Temp?

The #4 insert works better on a dedicated pump (mag3, 1250, L30....)(single block application) That is why I run my rigs in a dual loop configuration. If I were to run a rig with a chipset or VPU block (or both) then I would use the nozzle the RBX ships with (assuming you have a pump like a mag 3, 1250, L30....)

No, this is just me on my rigs (not a test rig). It it just that I get my lowest temps with highest overclock I have had yet with my RBX. If the RBX had proved not to be better than the WW, I would have done my best to not let it be released, but that wasn't the case.

Rokk1972 said:
No, this is just me on my rigs (not a test rig). It it just that I get my lowest temps with highest overclock I have had yet with my RBX. If the RBX had proved not to be better than the WW, I would have done my best to not let it be released, but that wasn't the case.

Hmmm, can't speak for why. Of the independent comparisons I've seen of the original all-copper White Water vs the RBX put them about on par, with the RBX losing out at lower flow rates, but showing up very well with higher flow rates (Mag3 a necessity as you say).

That's beside the point though I guess. The White Water is no longer made by myself.

Lapping quality has an awful lot to do with overclock stability. I've compared opposition blocks myself that gave decent temperatures, but overclocked for crap, until lapped properly.

Sadly, the quality of lapping dictates what happens at the pointy end as much as the design itself.

Back