• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nf7-s not reaching 200FSB :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JML

I can get the fsb into the 190's, but 200 just crashes in windows. Right now I have the stock cooler on my barton and stock coolers on the mobo. I have all my WC stuff and zalmans are all ready on the way for the mobo (waiting to finishing all my modding on the case etc before I put it in).

I have an antec 430, 2 512MB Muskin Level 2 PC3500 sticks in dual channel, and a 2500+ barton (locked). I'm not sure what voltages I've tried or what BIOS version I have, I'll check tomorrow (gotta get to sleep now, so tired!)

Of course I'm gonna be the one guy with an NF7-S not doing a 200+ FSB :rolleyes:

-John

Hi,

I had the same problem with my NF7 2.0 and TwinMOS twister pc3200 cl.2. Try to increase CAS to 2.5 - it has helped in my case
I think - always better to run with cl 2.5 on 200 MHz FSB than cl 2 on 190 MHz FSB

And I didn't have to increase CPU Vcore on my Barton (locked - green)- but maybe you will have to do so. set it to 1.7 V - it should do the trick.

and you're right - i think you are the only one - hehehe :)))

just kidding.

One way to usually get higher fsb speeds is to disable cpu interface in bios, but you'll take a huge hit on performance. I don't think it's worth the tradeoff myself. With the memory you've got that isn't the problem....unless you have a bad stick of ram. I have that same memory in my main rig. And when I first got the memory installed I couldn't get over 200 fsb either. So I ran memtest and found that one stick was bad. So try running just one stick of ram and setting bios to where it will boot into windows, then run memtest. If that stick doesn't get any errors, then try the other stick the same way. After that you will have either found the problem, or elimated one possibility. And if that doesn't solve the problem I'd set the multiplier to a real low value, like 7 and see how high you can get your fsb. You should be able to get it up over 200 at least. Then keep upping the multiplier untill you max out. And theres the L12 Mod, that may help.

All that being said, with the NF7-S, there are 2 types of boards you can get. The ones that will not go much over 200 fsb & the ones that will run 220 to 250 fsb or more. Good luck!

Last edited:
What chipset voltages have you tried? A lot of people report that with a chipset voltage of 1.5v they et better FSB results.

You sure it's not the locked Barton, right?

that ram better be fine 2225... i'd set vdimm to max, vcore to at least 1.7 (nf7-s undervolts a little), and vdd to 1.7 (most people have better luck with it higher than lower, but it seems the ones that don't like voltage overclock like demons :)).
That should get it going... I'd hope

I'll try the RAM out today with memtest, then try each stick individually.

I would set the multiplier lower but the cpu is locked.

Back