• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chill Vent

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
you can do the same thing with less money by building a duct for your cpu. But thats basically what it is also, a cpu duct... :D

i think theres one in this case. im not sure where the person who posted that saw the pics, you could pm him

Would you like to be the tester of said device.We would like to know your results,should you decide to take this mission.The cost would have to be obsorbed into the experience factor.There are all kinds of ducts that you can make if you are so inclined.Are there any reviews on this product? THE FANMAN:cool:

Well i am not sure i would wanna try anything like that, wouldnt something like that be about like a side fan blowing in. or is a side fan better, the reason i am asking all this, is there was a thread on another forum about using a side fan doesnt do any good in fact more harm then good, i use side fans on both my machine.

Side fans do wonders when you duct them to your HSF! I made a 3.25 inch square duct running from my 80mm side fan to my Vantec Aeroflow HSF and lowered my load temps by 8c degrees and 2c degrees on my idle temps. Materials, cardboard and duct tape. Cost - very minimal, less than a dollar. Results - Lovely temps which allowed me to increase my FSB some more! ;)

Vent

I for one have seen and tried the vent you linked to. To me and in my opinion, the claims are overated. Yes the product works, but it's definately not for overclocking. This is just my opinion, and observations after actually using one with an AMD 2500+ set to 3200 specs. It may be fine for an occasional game or some intense surfing and what not, but do not look at it as an overclockers deliverance, it's not. If you working on a system in a work environment,for a client, that is where I may use it, but it is not the overclocking answer. I may sound opinated and I probably am, but this is not an area you shoud visit unless you want to sell it to some one else.
Sincerely, Please flame me if you must, Satchmo

PPL's get diff. results with thier individual setups.My Xaser III case had the 2x80mm fans on the side.I did away with them and installed 4x92mm in the case. 2 frt.int & 2 rear exh.I cut all of the fan grids out, even on the PSU.The only stock case fan is the 80mm blow hole fan.Looking at this thing it looks like it would affect the case air flow.Leading to higher case temps,ie higher CPU temps.But you never know about these gadgets.THE FANMAN:cool:

I like the idea of ducting air to the CPU/HSF, but, to me, it looks like you'd really benefit from a floor vent in conjuntion with this duct. Get some access to fresh exterior air for the duct to work with.

Probably simpler to just go straight out to the side panel in the long run. A fan on the panel to draw in air and send it on it's way through the duct would help too.

A small CD can help you make a circle on the side panel before you cut it.This small CD has exactly 80mm.
I read about normal CD's have 120mm diameter and they can help you with a 120mm hole for a 120mm fan.
For a 92mm fan use something else,but for 80mm I told you.You can use a small CD.

Back