• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

drivers causing crashing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Trent

After a clean format and install of xp, my new 9600xt whenever i install the catalyst drivers 3.8-3.10 they cause the system to pretty much instantly lock up after booting. I didnt have this problem on my nf7-s before it died but havent been able to get one decent back from Abit, have a 3rd rma board on its way back from abit now since my first one wouldnt post, the other 2 they have sent me one wouldnt work with my mushkin so that wasnt any good and the 2nd was doa. but beside the point, it has forced me back to my msi kt3ultra2 and I cannot get the video card to function once drivers are installed. I dont have any problems with the video without drivers installed, just cant play any games and the like. Is there some incompatability between the 2, the bios on the motherboard is up to date. Havent tried the card in my old p3 yet but that is my next step shortly, just looking for other ideas... TIA

Back