Thread: newegg???

newegg???

I want to order a part online from newegg, now before I do that I want to know. Has anyone had any problems with newegg?
    "Unlike Windows, Linux tries to happily coexist with other OS's. It's not like Windows which will go out of its way to break other installs." MRD
    "On the second day of the seventh month, in the third year of the new milenium, Wedo looked down and saw new pow-ah join team 32, and it was good." Wedo
    "I switch Oses like most people change pants. :)" rogerdugans
    "Always be sure to flash your bios during lightning storms!" MRD

Please Fold for team 32!
    portage > apt > source > rpm > windows update
    Gautam is a water buffalo

You're better off ordering from NewEgg than from anywhere else online. Go nuts.

thank you, just need to be sure
    "Unlike Windows, Linux tries to happily coexist with other OS's. It's not like Windows which will go out of its way to break other installs." MRD
    "On the second day of the seventh month, in the third year of the new milenium, Wedo looked down and saw new pow-ah join team 32, and it was good." Wedo

Please Fold for team 32!

Newegg is the best online reseller I have come across and I buy everything I can through them. Here are some tips to help you if you are buying from newegg...

1. If you want things shipped to any address that is NOT the billing address for your credit card, you MUST call your bank before even placing the order and make sure that they list the address you want shipped to as a valid shipping address.

2. When you place that first order, make sure to provide your CC issuers phone number (usually on the back of your card) and note what it is. This is because Newegg will need to contact that entity if the address you want shipped to is not the billing address.

Other than that, you shouldn't experience any issues. They won't just ship anywhere without confirmation, and that is to protect you and me, and I am sure them as well. Don't be one of the whacky people that places the order and wants it shipped somewhere else, then blames newegg when it was actually their own fault hehe.
    Intel Q9550
    Asus P5Q Pro Board
    Asus ATI 4850 x 2 Crossfire
    4GB Corsair Dominator
    Silverstone ST75F 750W PS

New Egg OWNS, Period.

10 Year Badge
    I have ordered 30 times or so from newegg, even had 2 returns. Never had a problem

No problems here either......Their RMA service is top-notch....

10 Year Badge
    Steger, IL or the Dark Side of the Moon; I'm not sure!
    New Egg is my favorite supplier. Every time i've ordered the aitems were shipped within 24 hr. I have a couple of problems (RMA) & everything was taken care of quickly & easily. Also if you're pleased with their service, by all means, drop them a line & you'll get a little surprise! New Egg is the BEST!!!
    -Dave
    O'tooles Commentary on Murphy's Law: Murphy was an Optimist!!!

IF ALL ELSE FAILS, READ THE DANG INSTRUCTIONS!!!

Abit IP35 Pro w/ Bolt mod
    Xeon E3110 @ 4140 Q806A227
    4 x 1GB PC2-6400
    Nvidia 7900GT 512
    2 x 74GB WD Raptor WD740GD

10 Year Badge
    Zipzoomfly is equally good, though, they are incredibly friendly and leniant about mistakes, and I like their website better.

10 Year Badge
    Heatware Profile
    I only buy from NewEgg no matter what.Always NewEgg.
    Roswill THOR II-ASUS Maximus V Formula-Intel 3770K @ 4.6GHZ-Corsair H100i-Corsair Force GT 120 X 2 in RAID 0-Windows 7 Ultimate X64-16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866-ASUS 660s OC SLI-SILVERSTONE ST85F-P 850W/ Folding for TEAM 32
    Folding User Stats

thank you

Please Fold for team 32!

If you do use NewEgg use this link http://www.newegg.com/index.asp?refer=0vercl0ckers and you will help out Overclockers.com
    OC3DMark Team heatware
    OverClocking "the narcotic of fun."

I ordered a PSU from NewEgg a few weeks ago and it was fine... it arrived at my house about five business days later though I thought I heard they were good w/ shipping but w/e.

i odered my whole computer from newegg, with the exception of my ram. i got my ram from somewhere else, and then had to send it back because they sent me some generic crap instead of samsung. when i got my money back i promptly ordered some new ram from newegg.

My favorite part of newegg besides low prices is their customer product reviews.
    I DRIVE A HYUNDAI AND I'M PROUD OF IT!

Originally posted by bettsr
    If you do use NewEgg use this link http://www.newegg.com/index.asp?refer=0vercl0ckers and you will help out Overclockers.com
    wish i would of read this thread earlyer i ordered $500 in parts last night from newegg i got proby a total of 5 more orders comin soon for dif computers there all between $200 and $300 i got a nice dual system for my brother in law which is $1200 ill save the link and all my new oreder's will be off it