College Park, MD (School) - Westminster, MD (home)

Talking My cleaned up WC'd rig. [56k warning, I went crazy with the digicam]

Ok, I finally got done (for now) with cleaning the inside of my rig up. It took a few HOURS of work to get this as clean as it is. It is not easy to fit fit a watercooling setup in cheap (read $35 aluminum skyhawk) case.

I had to cut the 3.5in drive bay out, so there is no longer a place for my hardrive to sit. I managed to fit 2 CD drives, a bay-res, a fan controller (Sunbeam) and a 20 gig maxtor (I HATE maxtor, stupid drives fail all the time) into a midtower case with 4 5.25 drive bays. That means that there was no room for the poor HDD, so I did the logical thing, sat it on top of the rad/hoses.

I also have the pump shoved under my SB Live! 5.1 card. The pump housing is actually lifting the card up. The 120mm fan's, rad, pump, and HDD are all sitting in my case LOOSE, held in place only by gravity and a little pressure off other objects.

The 3.5in drive bays weren't the only thing that had to go, as I cut the entire front (below the 5.25 drive bays) out with my NEW dremel. Where the front 120mm Evercool fan is, there used to be a panel there for the LED's and power switches. I now have a wire coming out of the bottom of my case that is the power switch; starting the computer is as easy as touching to bare ends of wire together for a second.

Now for the watercooling specs:

D-tek WW
    D-tek Pro-Core
    Seltz L-30 (Outperforms the ehiem 1250 according to gruntville, more head)
    1/2in Clearflex 60
    1x 120mm Y.S. Tech 120+CFM fan
    1x 120mm Evercool Aluminum fan
    1x Sunbeam Rheobus
    D-tek Supercool water additive
    10x hose clamps

All of this cost approx. $230 w/ shipping

What I want:

Second Heater Core
    3rd 120mm fan as there is only a little 80mm bringing air into the case.
    NB block
    Mosfet block
    9800 block (When I get a 9800)
    Iwaki pump
    Full tower case

Setting up the water-cooling was remarkably easy. I installed the bolts on my mobo (never had to remove as I cut a hole in my mobo tray), installed the fan and shround on the pro-core, test fitted the pump, installed the bay-res, measured and cut the hose, installed the hose, then installed the WW.Filled and bled the system. I the leak tested everything and booted the machine up.

Well, here's the finished product:

Not too bad for a 14yr old is it?
    Last edited by Cyrix_2k; 01-19-04 at 05:08 PM.

ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen3

2500k @ 4.9ghz
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

vCore
    1.287 |Idle: 33c | Full load: 68c
    16gb Corsair XMS 3
    | Sapphire 6950 2GB UNLOCKED
    F O L D For Team 32!!

Black belt Ubercloxx0r

Audio Technica ATH-A900's
    "yet another issue with the R-series. If I actually use it on my lap, I can feel my sperm count dropping."
    SANS GSEC Certified

For the love of all that's holy, please resize your top two photos... they're huge! Otherwise, it looks good, though the two 90 fittings on the res are a bit of a compromise.

Ok, I'll resize those photo's later. The 90 degree fittings are a bit of a compromise, but I don't have anything else to use.

2500k @ 4.9ghz

vCore
    16gb Corsair XMS 3
    F O L D For Team 32!!

Black belt Ubercloxx0r

"yet another issue with the R-series. If I actually use it on my lap, I can feel my sperm count dropping."
    SANS GSEC Certified

Hard Ass Southern Boy Senior Wicked Klown's Avatar
    10 Year Badge
    Folding Profile Heatware Profile
    Nice looking set up. Only thing I would chance would be the fans. When doing a push/pull you should really use two of the same fans.
    Media Server | Norco RPC-470 | GIGABYTE GA-890XA-UD3 | Phenom II X4 925 Deneb | 8gigs G.SKILL Ripjaws PC3 10666 | 64gig Crucial M4 | x2 2TB Samsung F3 | x2 1TB Samsung F1 | x1 2TB Samsung F4 | 500gigs Seagate 7200.10 | Sapphire HD4830 HDMI | Corsair 650hx

HEAT

"Never surrender. You're too much of a hardass to die on everyone." - Voodoo Rufus

ahhhhh rid of the bay res!!!! nice setup temps...?

the speed of the two "mismatched" 120's is ajustable. That way I can turn the evercool's speed up to match the output of the Y.S. Tech. This works 'cause I never really run the fan's at full speed.

I like my bay-res. It makes it easy to bleed the system. I know, it kills the flow rate. But really, how much better would my temps be without the bay-res?

Anyways, thanks for the compliments guys.

BTW, right now I'm running @1900mhz @ 1.5v. When I don't need the speed, I "declock" my CPU. That way it'll last longer. Right now my temps are ambient: 20c, load 24.5c. That's none too bad. Fans are also at about 1/3 of normal power.

2500k @ 4.9ghz

vCore
    16gb Corsair XMS 3
    F O L D For Team 32!!

Black belt Ubercloxx0r

SANS GSEC Certified

I used to have a bayres, and it does look cool with the CC's (especially if you have clear water).

I had to take mine out b/c it began leaking.

Hope mine doesn't start leaking Anyways, It does look awesome with my Blue CC and Blue UV dies with 4 UV lights turned on

2500k @ 4.9ghz

vCore
    16gb Corsair XMS 3
    F O L D For Team 32!!

Black belt Ubercloxx0r

SANS GSEC Certified

Giblet told me that I should flip the fans around to blow air into my case. I'm going to do that.

2500k @ 4.9ghz

vCore
    16gb Corsair XMS 3
    F O L D For Team 32!!

Black belt Ubercloxx0r

SANS GSEC Certified

10 Year Badge
    Folding Profile
    Having the fans blow into the case would be a good idea, that way you are blowing cooler room temp air thru the radiator and not warmer inside case temp air thru the radiator. Also, the way you have it set up now, you are probably pulling a slight vacuum (negative pressure) inside your case with the 120mm radiator fans blowing out of the case and only 1 80mm fan blowing into the case.
    Q9300 @ 3.4GHz, Asus P5Q Pro, 4GB OCZ Platinum DDR2-1066, GTX580 @ 900GPU, OCZ Vendetta 2, PC P&C 750W
    i5-3570K @ 4.5GHz, Asus P8Z77, 4GB G Skill DDR3-1333, GTX580 @ 900GPU, CM Hyper 212+ HS/F, Corsair 850W
    4x 6180SE @ 2.75GHz, SM H8QGi-F, 32GB G Skill DDR3-1333, CM Hyper 212+ HS/F, Redundant 1400W

Folding User Stats

yah, I'm going to switch those fans around after hearing that...

2500k @ 4.9ghz

vCore
    16gb Corsair XMS 3
    F O L D For Team 32!!

Black belt Ubercloxx0r

SANS GSEC Certified