• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

antec fan sensor wire?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yeah, my case fans all at full speed are loud too, but i only have them on full speed when im playing a game, or when im not home, when im sleeping, they are turned down to an absolute minimum and are very quite, yet still do a good job. i think the psu monitors the fans speed by load and temps, so even if you put in different fans, it would still regulate them, but a better fan at the same speed will move more air than the antec fans.

i just found out that the speed goes up with the temp. i got up to 1600 rpm because i took my cold air vent off the comp to heat cycle it.

got up to 1900 rpmwhen my cpu was at 65C so i figured ill reboot and see. sure enough i didnt get the error warning so something in the bios is saying that the power fan is too slow. i cant find any threshold settings though.:(

Re: antec fan sensor wire

johnflyons said:
I bought a new Antec 550 true control to go in my new Intel system with my new Asus P4C800-E mainboard and hooked those little PS lines to the three prong header on the board.......WRONG! and MORE WRONG! Fan header Blown out of new board and fans Blown out of PS! Leave it unhooked

Sorry, but I'd say you likely connected something incorrectly
as I've built several rigs with Antec power units.
(though I prefer Fortron myself)
The PSU fan connectors have never ever caused a problem. :)

Back