• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

antec fan sensor wire?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
thats what i thought it was but it doesnt fit on the 2 prongs that are on my MB. i thought it was kinda odd that it wouldnt be a standard thing.

It goes to a 3 pin connecter, not 2. Its missing the power wire because the PS fan gets its power directly from the PS.

Mine doesn't even monitor sometimes because its a temp. variable fan and the RPMs get too low for the MB to measure.

You must be trying to connect it to some jumpers or something you should not be trying to do...Like Derman seezzzz...Just connect it to a fan header on your motherboard...You should have your heat sink fan connected to the CPU fan header which is usually close to the heat sink processor area of your motherboard...If you look at the motherboard you should be able to locate other 3 pin fan headers exactly like the one you connect your heat sink fan to...Some fan headers will have RPM monitoring and some do not...I like connecting them because it seems to make the fans spin a little bit faster than if you leave it disconnected...;)

Manual Link If you look on page 29 of the manual locate the ATX power connector (right side of the page about 1 third of the way down) You will see the "ATX power connector...then to the right of that you will see "EZ PLUG"...then to the right of that you will see "CHA FAN"...Looks like the best place to plug it in on your motherboard...There is another "PWR. FAN" connector on the bottom right of your mother board...I do not think it will reach that far...So the CHA. FAN by the 20pin ATX connector is your best bet...:D

it will reach the power fan one at the bottom barely. it was the trpwr thing i was wondering about. its some kind of sensor thing.
its also on pg. 29 right next to the chassis fan. do i have to order a special sensor for that?
thanks for the detailed help also.

antec fan sensor wire

I bought a new Antec 550 true control to go in my new Intel system with my new Asus P4C800-E mainboard and hooked those little PS lines to the three prong header on the board.......WRONG! and MORE WRONG! Fan header Blown out of new board and fans Blown out of PS! Leave it unhooked

Well then I am at a complete loss as to what you are talking about...I have only purchased and installed about 200 Antec TruePower power supply's and probably atleast 20 TrueControls Manual On page four...Item number 7 they tell you to connect the 3 pin fan signal connector to the motherboard...The link for the motherboard manual is not working so let me go chase it down again and try to find what you are talking about...Sorry about the rotten luck johnflyons...But I have never heard of anyone cooking anything by connecting the fan signal connector to their motherboard...I will go check it out for you rhino56...;)

Hookem said:
Well then I am at a complete loss as to what you are talking about...I have only purchased and installed about 200 Antec TruePower power supply's and probably atleast 20 TrueControls Manual On page four...Item number 7 they tell you to connect the 3 pin fan signal connector to the motherboard...The link for the motherboard manual is not working so let me go chase it down again and try to find what you are talking about...Sorry about the rotten luck johnflyons...But I have never heard of anyone cooking anything by connecting the fan signal connector to their motherboard...I will go check it out for you rhino56...;)
thank you, your too nice.:)

Re: antec fan sensor wire

johnflyons said:
I bought a new Antec 550 true control to go in my new Intel system with my new Asus P4C800-E mainboard and hooked those little PS lines to the three prong header on the board.......WRONG! and MORE WRONG! Fan header Blown out of new board and fans Blown out of PS! Leave it unhooked

That sucks! One of the manufactures screwed up and owes you some replacement parts.

That, or you bent the pins in your install and sent 12v down the sensing line.

Either way, its not a reason for all other users not to take advantage of features they have paid for. I had the sensor line of my truepower connected to my a7n8x for more than a year without a problem

well i plugged it in and on startup it claimed a hardware error so i check the error and its that the fan is not at a high enough rpm.
so i f1 it and go into windows and asus probe reports the fan speed around 1500-1200
should i just unplug it or should i put in faster fans?

ive got an antec psu too. it has that same wire. my mobo is an asus as well and to the left of the cpu, there is a 3 pin connector that say pwr_fan by it. look for a connector like this on your motherboard.

here is a pic of that blue wire
Image033.jpg

here you can kinda see where it is on my mobo, right next to the heatsink/cpu location
Image029.jpg

i didnt have that plug in but its probably because you have a p4c800 and i got a p4g8x.
i did take the fan grills off my PS and it was good for 100 rpms or so, im at 1230 to 1240 rpms now

mine run anywhere from 1300 rpm to 1700 rpm. i want to replace them with panflo fans so my psu will cool better and hopefully bring down my temps some more.

yeah, someday i'll replace my antec fans as well...but for now i like them...they are quiet. (well at least the ones in the PSU, the others are the loudest own!)

Back