• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pic of Ownage Cooling Setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

doc6886

I'm not going to do this, but it is pretty realistic for you guys that hook up ducts to your windows. Just look at the pic and tell me what you guys think.

possible-setup.gif

well i think you would freeze to death here because its about 19 degrees Farenheit right now.
the amount of air one small 80mm fan brings in is enough to make my entire case feel like a block of ice when you touch it.
the air exiting the case is cool also but not enough to freeze you out of the room, just enough to keep you happy and healthy with fresh air.:D

You'd just move the PC away and put an old bed sheet there and turn off the fan :)

Sounds good but its not very practicle. To much dust,dirt,and other issues.Keep on thinking though,thats what leads to good ideas eventually. THE FANMAN:cool:

I think a duct would be sufficient and also prevent the issues posted above. A couple 192mm+ comair like fans should provide enough air to compete with your "huge fan."

that would be comparible to the ducting idea.
depending on how you want it to work, i'm guessing you don't want it to freeze your room, having a fan blowing into a metall case without any open ends just won't work. with some fans, it may make them stall and blow no air at all. For good air flow, you need low pressure. an inclosed case has some really high pressure. if you had a cover on the size of the case and put one fan as intake and one as exhaust (just on the side case) that would work nicly. Then again, that wouldn't be very much off ducting except you would have a larger hole in the side of our house.

heh, outside here its round 20f these days, last week it was below 0, 24/7... -50f at some points in time... I'd have had a cheap prommy :D

thats what im doing and no probs with condensation at all.
its a nice clean job and im getting super low temps but come summertime ill be looking for a new solution.

drewmister said:
umm condensation... summer... lol never work try again

condensation is with cold objects and hot/warm air, hence chillers/peltiers/phasechange need to be insulated because they are in a warm envirenment.
hot objects with cold air doesn't condensate. the cup of joe right next to be was just boiling a few min. ago ~90c, my rooms about 18.3c, doesn't seem to condensate at all.

if it were a hot object and just kinda cold air creeping in it may form some moisture, but there is so much air blowing around with fans that any moisture just gets evaporated.
kinda like if you get condensation on your window. put a fan on it and it will be gone no matter what the temp.

your cup of joe was steaming right... steaming = condensation condensation of air being warmed up by the material (cup of joe) which in turn holds more water... then is cooled by other air... holds less water and condenses hence your steam... It is still condensation just another phase... please consider this before bashing my post...

warm always transfers to cold... it is a law of physics in this case hot heats colder air ... air holds more water ... other air cools warmer air ... colder air holds less water ... therefore water condenses

explains clouds... warm surface warmed by the radiation of the sun in turn heat the air right above it.... air holds more water ... warm air rises.. then as that air rises it gets cooled by the colder air.. then the air in turn holds less water and the water condenses into clouds...(radiation passes through air molecules not heating them explaining why it gets colder higher)

your cup of joe isnt condesning its causing condensation....

i still dont't believe a fan would get out all of the air that is condesning... (their are going to be pockets of air that aren't aerodynamic in a computer unless of course this is rocket science computer where it is perfect aeordynamic and air transfer is 100%... all air that goes in comes out at the same rate.. air pockets and curling air are just bound to happen...)

Back